Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cigarette 42' Revolution Values (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/30923-cigarette-42-revolution-values.html)

kmasso 08-14-2002 01:13 AM

Cigarette 42' Revolution Values

I have been shopping for a bargin on a 42' Revolution and would appreciate some input on the value of two boats that I am considering. One of the boats is a 1995 with triple 525SC Merc's / Bravo 1 Drives with 130 hours - boat is loaded with full cabin / v-berth and includes a 1995 myco trailer. The boat is currently listed on Dick Simon's website (www.dicksimon.com) for $169,900.00 but the boats owner has placed it on Ebay and it can be purchased for $100K. The other option is a 1991 Revolution with triple 750hp Hawks w/ new stelling headers and two #3' s and a #4 drive with six hours since rebuild on drives tranny's and motors. This boat also has a full cabin and trailer and can be purchased for $100K - it can be viewed at www.floridawebinfo.com/revolution42. Are either of these boats worth the money or should I forget about a Revolution and start looking for a bargin priced Top Gun? I am looking for a boat that I can use for a year and not really incurr much depreciation when I decide to move up to something newer. Any advice is appreciated.

sean stinson 08-14-2002 02:05 AM

Revolution

I personally know the boat at Dick Simon it was the original "Hard Candy" brochure boat. I also know the owner took pretty good care of it. To make a long story short pick the newer one, hell there even may be a chance that you can buy some more warranty on it, because it will still have better resale value than the 91.....The downside to this whole deal is that the Revolution was very popular in Europe but not in the states. Now the choice becomes strictly personal from this point on and you have to ask yourself "Do I like this hunk of glass or not?" if the answer is yes then write a check, if no then find something else. Always remember you're the one that has to ride in it. Hope you're not thoroughly confused now but a litle more aware.

Sean

Griff 08-14-2002 03:35 AM

I saw that Cig on ebay. That is one hell of a lot of boat for the money. I definately think the 95 for that kind of $$$$ is a better deal. It also is low hour and looks to have been well taken care of. Either one might be a tough resale, but IMHO, I think the 95 would be less difficult and would not depreciate as much or at all.

timucin 08-14-2002 05:28 AM

sorry but; revolution boats were nice ten years ago...
If I were you I would follow e-bay and wait for a new,better boat.
there are apache's scarab's on ebay starting from 50-60 K's

Miami 08-14-2002 08:40 AM

Not the best hull cig ever made. Center of gravity was a little off and they always required an unusal amout of tab to make them run straight and / or porpoise free.

Triples in that hull can be a nightmare on drives! Within a couple of years you can be the Bravo shops best friend!

Sean 08-14-2002 09:09 AM

I agree with Stinson that the newer hull would bring better resale down the road and the important thing is if you are happy with the boat...plus, if you want to be different, the Revolution is the way to go. However, if you're going to look at resale value down the road, looking for a Top Gun might be your best bet. Not much of a market for the Revolution as you can see by the prices.

Have I thoroughly confused you now?

Mike C 08-14-2002 11:57 AM

kmasso;
We also looked at both boats, until we finally realized it was just to much boat for what we do. Go with the new model, the boat is great in and out, but it will take alot of fuel to get her moving.

375stinger 08-25-2004 08:40 PM

Re: Cigarette 42' Revolution Values

do u know what happened to the 1991 with 750's , is it still for sale?

BLee 08-25-2004 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by kmasso
or should I forget about a Revolution and start looking for a bargin priced Top Gun? I am looking for a boat that I can use for a year and not really incurr much depreciation when I decide to move up to something newer. Any advice is appreciated.

Get the Top Gun. You'll own that Revolution forever, like it or not.

lucky strike 08-25-2004 08:58 PM

For the same money you can have an early 90s Top Gun, use it for a year, and not have to GIVE it away when its time to sell......