Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   In Reference to The Miami Accident!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/30925-reference-miami-accident.html)

sean stinson 08-14-2002 08:05 AM

Originally posted by Ken
I needed that this morning! :D

I'm here for you bro...I was going to call yesterday but some Brain Dead operator screwed my phone service up...

sean stinson 08-14-2002 08:06 AM

I know, I know

Blah, Blah, Blah

That and oh probably a couple bucks now will get you a cup of coffee.

Sean

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Jayl13 08-14-2002 08:30 AM

How in the hell did he not roll that thing?
Is that even possible or are there missing shots here?

unless a wave or wake on other side got him to level out that you cant see from this angle but damn dude
talk about luck being in your corner

Bravo Bravo
Encore Encore

Jason

There was an angel in the 3rd seat on that run for sure

OldSchool 08-14-2002 08:46 AM

Do you think an underwear change was needed after that?
:D :D :D

DaveP 08-14-2002 10:12 AM

Stinson...........you da man! Only you could bring a boat like that to the brink of destruction and recover.:D :D :D

Advantage_Rob 08-14-2002 10:23 AM

Wow that's pretty wierd to roll to the outside like that, I thought the back end would slide under the CG and put the boat on the sidethat is on the inside of the corner, not just roll over the top like that. Either way though, I never want to do that!

Cramer 08-14-2002 10:39 AM

The back end slide out

This is kind of a question and an aswer if I am right about this, but correct me if I am wrong.

I think what happens in most case's is the back end will slide about 5-10 feet and cetch. Now I am not familer with all boats but usualy you can correct at that point but you lose enormis amounts of speed. Now for the true racer you can ride it out. For instance on a Donzi you can do this "hop" about three times before you will completly lose controll. And miner adjustments can correct it in the middle of the turn. Now after the boat slides far enuf fast enuf it will cetch hard enuf to though the boat over to the out side. Now I am not a race or by far a boating expert but I think that is about how it happens.

my .02

Cramer

ps do not try this at home.

Tantrum 08-14-2002 10:55 AM

Cramer, Your a mad man. I wouldnt want to be on your outside when you Donzi is on its first or second skip. :eek:

Sean, That is pretty wild. Ive heard on the board you are quite an accomplished driver and Im sure you are. I would think at the piont that boat is in its a lot of luck that kept that boat up right. The drives are not even in the water.

Either way :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :cool:

FunHome 08-14-2002 11:44 AM

I was surfing through the TV the other night and I swear I saw that boat in a Rap Video. I have no idea who it was or what song it was.

It is funny how all those video's are about all the money they have, yet all the cars, boats, girls are all barrowed.

BTW, in the video they never show who was driving the boat, I bet it wasn't one of the rappers!!;)

cigarette1 08-14-2002 02:13 PM

Originally posted by FunHome

BTW, in the video they never show who was driving the boat, I bet it wasn't one of the rappers!!;)

What makes you think that ? :rolleyes: