Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Best express cruiser for around 100k looking at a Sunseeker Tomahawk 41? >

Best express cruiser for around 100k looking at a Sunseeker Tomahawk 41?

Notices

Best express cruiser for around 100k looking at a Sunseeker Tomahawk 41?

Old 03-10-2014, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats a great looking boat! How do you like the ride in 3-4's? Do you have triple or twin motors? Is it gas or diesel and what type mpg do you get?
Old 03-10-2014, 07:34 PM
Registered

I think you are asking me, if that's the case. Because we are not in the ocean we are in a lake the biggest waves we get are from other bigger boats and when the wind is blowing with a lot of traffic our 24ft cuddy would bang us around. In the 405 it feels like no chop at all, smooth as glass. Our boat is equipped with 2 merc 496 HO's for a total output of 850hp. Gas mileage I have no clue about, it gets under a quarter tank then I put another 500.00 in. I know there are some websites that will calculate gph for you but I know it's not pretty, none of these type boats should be considered for mileage, it is what it is. I do know that they offered the diesels as an option along with 525 hp mercs but I'm happy with the Ho's. They say it will do about 59mph but we cruise around 35 to 45 mphs, gets expensive at WOT.

Last edited by Mseuro; 03-10-2014 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 2,971 Likes on 982 Posts

Originally Posted by Level III Chaos
Here's our 20 year old Sunseeker from yesterday. It was in the 80s in Newport yesterday! It's nice not having a boat that is "typical". Each Sunseeker is custom ordered so each is slightly different.
Thanks for the invite.....D!CK!!!
Old 03-10-2014, 08:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mseuro
I think you are asking me, if that's the case. Because we are not in the ocean we are in a lake the biggest waves we get are from other bigger boat and when the wind is blowing with a lot of traffic our 24ft cuddy would bang us around. In the 405 it feels like no chop at all, smooth as glass. Our boat is equipped with 2 merc 496 HO's for a total output of 850hp. Gas mileage I have no clue about, it gets under a quarter tank then I put another 500.00 in. I know there are some websites that will calculate gph for you but I know it's not pretty, none of these type boats should be considered for mileage, it is what it is. I do know that they offered the diesels as an option along with 525 hp mercs but I'm happy with the Ho's. They say it will do about 59mph but we cruise around 35 to 45 mphs, gets expensive at WOT.
My previous post was actually intended for Level III Chaos, but I appreciate your response.

Whats the top speed you have seen with your Baja? Have you seen 59? The boat Im looking at supposedly tops out around 50 which is nice but I wish it was a bit more.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:13 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bromaguire
Thats a great looking boat! How do you like the ride in 3-4's? Do you have triple or twin motors? Is it gas or diesel and what type mpg do you get?
Me?
Old 03-10-2014, 08:13 PM
Registered

Have had it on gps at 54 but there was more available. I looked at everything available and picked this one for what I thought was the best and newest boat I could get for under 150k.

Last edited by Mseuro; 03-10-2014 at 08:17 PM.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by thisistank
Thanks for the invite.....D!CK!!!
Really? REALLY?
Old 03-10-2014, 08:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mseuro
We looked at getting a Sea Ray 390 but I'm not that old yet and wanted something that would be faster, handle better, comfortable, all the amenities of an apartment (got to have heat and air), and mostly go faster than 50 MPH and look sexy (because I'm not) doing it. We bought a Baja 405 Performance and we love it so much I would invite you to look at them also. one small problem is there are not many available (only made 65 and only about 45 are in the U.S.) and the ones that I looked at in Florida where not that nice, We spent a year trying to find ours.
Age has nothing do do with boating! Most Sunseekers are in Europe and have Diesel engines. Ours are triple 502 MAG. Milage per gallon? It's measure in gallons per mile!!!!
Old 03-10-2014, 08:36 PM
Registered

Did not mean that Sunseakers are for old people I just wanted something that looked sportier and newer for the money. I had go fast boats when I was growing up and I like the look of a cigarette type hull. The Sunseakers are beautiful cruisers. I wanted something like a Formula 400ss but those are twice the money. I was trying to be funny and for that I apologize
Old 03-10-2014, 08:47 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Level III Chaos
Here's our 20 year old Sunseeker from yesterday. It was in the 80s in Newport yesterday! It's nice not having a boat that is "typical". Each Sunseeker is custom ordered so each is slightly different.
love that second pic with superman, cool.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.