Notices

Mini Cigarettes

Old 08-18-2002, 10:08 AM
aabfeh

Marty-

This is a 1999 model. When I bought mine the company was called Noremac Marine. It's now Grew mfg. I'm not sure if it was just a name change or the company changed hands. Try Grewmfg.com for detailed info. This boat is called a Challenger XLX 180. I did just what your thinking about. An upgrade for my son. As I mentioned earleir, there is no comparison between this and a jet. This ones smooth and gets up and goes. Extremly good mid-range cruise. My son can also spend all day cruising and skiing and not use 20 gal of gas. He's starting to think about going slightly bigger so mines probably for sale. Contact me.

Old 08-18-2002, 10:56 AM
Team Gary

Back in the mid 80's. Kaama built 13' Hawks, and Cougar Cubs. They put 40 horse Tohatsu's on the cubs, and actualy created a little racing circut for them. The Hawks had 25 Merc's. I took a Hawk to the Parker strip once. I don't know if the set up was wrong, but it was a porpousing SOB.

Old 08-18-2002, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini Cigarettes

You guys should have been at Manhasset Bay on Saturday August 17. At the awards ceremony, Rosebud Racing with Aronow Offshore ran a true Mini Cigarette in R/C version. It was in fact a minature of the original The CIGARETTE. - hand layed glass, stringers, bulkheads, foam, etc., powered with a gasoline engine that enabled it reach speeds into the 60s.
Old 08-18-2002, 06:34 PM
Registered

Lightbulb

FYI: WRANGLERBOATS.COM bought the scat-cat molds from BAJA and is worth a look if you want to buy new.....aabfeh...went to GREWMFG.COM and had a look......Not a lot of info tho .....Is yours a MERCRUISER I/O or JET??? What kind of $$$ are we talking about? It sounds like yours might be for sale....PM me with stats & $$$....THANX>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 08-18-2002, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi gang!

Our cover is blown!!
Well it seems like the word is out! Its true, Aronow Offshore and RoseBudRacing have teamed up to make some waves for the public. We are having a blast making little timeless look-a-likes for those that want a gas r/c boat to look like their own and perform well too. Also we are getting together some artifacts from that past that have never been seen buy the public, for the public. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us @ [email protected] [IMG] and here is a pic, a truelly custom boat built just like they did on 188th street in the late sixties, it gives me chills just thinking about it. http://rosebudracing.tripod.com/rosebudaronow.jpg[/IMG]

Stay well,
Christian Del Collo
Aronow Offshore &
RoseBudRacing
Old 08-19-2002, 11:31 AM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by Team Gary
Back in the mid 80's. Kaama built 13' Hawks, and Cougar Cubs. They put 40 horse Tohatsu's on the cubs, and actualy created a little racing circut for them. The Hawks had 25 Merc's. I took a Hawk to the Parker strip once. I don't know if the set up was wrong, but it was a porpousing SOB.
I took my mini Hawk (Banzai) out for the first time Sunday and also expierenced some porpoiseing, I jacked the engine up and down 3" and also played with the trim settings but it was still there, I'm going to add some ballast up front and try it again.
Maybe the 4cyl inline Merc and the aluminum transom supports add too much weight in the rear. But it was scary fast.
Old 08-19-2002, 11:37 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member
Platinum Member

Anyone have any experience with the 13' Checkmate Playmate ?

We had an '87 with a 60hp Merc. Ran about 40mph. The motor never quite ran right and needed some money one year, so sold it. I'd love to find another one for my husband.

Maureen
Old 08-19-2002, 01:16 PM
KN
Registered

Maureen, Those Checkmates were neet little boats, I've been keeping my eye for one. I beleive Checkmate sold the molds for them. Take a look at this boat, it looks very similar.

http:llcgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBaylSAPl.dlll?ViewItem&item=1851125624

Kirk
Old 08-19-2002, 01:18 PM
KN
Registered

OK that link didn't work. Go on E-Bay motors under boats ,search for F-13.

Kirk
Old 08-19-2002, 01:22 PM
KN
Registered

Here's a picture.

www.paradisepowerboats.com
Attached Thumbnails Mini Cigarettes-f-13.jpg  

Last edited by KN; 08-19-2002 at 01:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Mini Cigarettes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.