Need Directions To Pt Pleasant Races >

Need Directions To Pt Pleasant Races

Notices

Need Directions To Pt Pleasant Races

Old 08-15-2002, 10:40 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

I'm heading up for the races (without boat). I guess I'll be hanging on the beach near the inlet and or at Jenks.
Old 08-15-2002, 12:54 PM
djm
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Somebody not going by boat should go to the end of the jetty around 11AM with a camcorder and tape all the madness to post on OSO.
Old 08-15-2002, 12:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

I won't have a camcorder but I should get plenty of pics. Were is the OSO metting place going to be? We need a secret sign or something so we can identify each other.
Old 08-15-2002, 11:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No camcorder, but I'll bring my digital. I'll be at the wet pits around 9-10, at the inlet standing on the jetty when the boats go out, and the rest of the day at the Tiki.
So who else is going without boat?
Old 08-15-2002, 11:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

...I'll be aboard Pace Boat 2, a 36 Apache, as the race "official"(the geek with the headset!)...& at Jenks directly after the race...

..Enjoy the race & see you at Jenks!!

Marty
Old 08-15-2002, 11:24 PM
DJD
Registered

Hey all
How about everyone meeting at the Manasquan marina (wet Pits) at 10:30 a.m.?
I'll be down helping out Miccosuki Indian Gaming F2 (I have to do something since I'm not racing this yr) so if your around, give me a call & we will head over to Jenks before the race.
After being in a pace boat/rescue boat & then racing for a few yrs, it will be VERY nice to watch from the beach with a few cold ones. I hear 8-10' seas during testing
203 962-5494
Old 08-15-2002, 11:30 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Hello Race Fans,

The big boats have arrived in Point Pleasant NJ. On Friday at noon, these boats will be racing in the Atlantic Ocean directly in front of Jenkinsons Pavilion. The race will run from Jenks to Bay Head, which is two miles south. The big boats will run about 20 laps. The smaller boats 10 laps.

The showcase of toys, both land and water in the Dry Pits along Arnold Ave is the most impressive sight I’ve seen in a long time. It’s like a contest for the “He who dies with the most toys wins” trophy. You gotta see the toys the racers bring with them!

Remember when Bruce and crew of Simply Awesome went for a swim at the last race? They’re back with a brand new 28 Pantera for this race. Firewater brought their canopied boat with them this time to run against Muscle racing and Fountain Altronix in Super V. Bandit will have his hands full running against a brand new 40’ Motion in SuperCat Limited. The P classes are well represented and should put on a good show for the fans on the beach.

The weather looks good for Friday up until about 3pm, when thunderstorms will probably arrive. Today there was a fairly stiff wind out of the south. If this continues, it could turn into another rough water race.

As far as safety goes, we will have over forty patrol and rescue boats on the racecourse to keep everyone safe. From eight boats carrying paramedics to ten boats carrying divers and Angel One in the air, we have the course covered by sea and air.

So what are you sitting in front of the computer for? Pack up the family in the minivan and head on down to Jenks. Here is what to do:

Thursday – See the boats in the Pits on Arnold Ave. Some boats will test from 2-4pm in the ocean. Or visit the boats in the wet Pits once the crane opens at 1pm. At 7pm, if you have a ticket, come to the Jenks open bar party sponsored by Coors Light from 7-9 followed by fireworks over the ocean at 9pm.

Friday – Race Day.

9:30 – Arrive at your parking space in Point Pleasant Beach near the inlet and unpack the minivan.
10:00 - Get a spot on the rocks at the end of the south Jetty wall of Manasquan inlet

11:00 – Roast marshmallows as Jet Set lights up the inlet and ocean with a flame and speed show. Jet Set is a 3000HP, turbine powered 40 Skater cat.

11:45 – Watch the Fastest Boats in the World leave the inlet at full throttle.

11:46 – Get up and run south to Jenkinsons and get a good spot where you can watch the race and hear the PA system.

12:00 – Race Start. Start/Finish line is in front of the White Sands hotel.

1:30 – Race Shutdown.

2:00 – Winners circle at the Wharfside Patio Bar.

By boat, get out the inlet by 11:30, as it will be closed shortly thereafter. The spectator area is at the north end, on the outside of the racecourse. Ask for help anchoring on Channel 78.

By car, listen in as the Rat Radio 95.9 FM gets live updates every 15 minutes from the beach during their normal broadcast with DJ Rockin Robin.

At work, tune your computer to www.njoffshore.com and wish you had the day off. :-)

As always, look for a race recap in your mailbox over the weekend.

See ya at the races,

Ron