Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   FINALLY!!! Some GOOD news about my truck!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/30971-finally-some-good-news-about-my-truck.html)

Waterfoul 08-14-2002 05:26 PM

FINALLY!!! Some GOOD news about my truck!!!!!

Well, after NOT driving it for nearly a month because my transmission mechanic neighbor (refered to as "the fat fuc%$r up the street" in other posts) told me 11 times he would come work on it and never did, I am finally driving my own truck!!:D As it turns out, and it cost me $44.80 to find this out, the transmission was 3.5 quarts low on fluid. Go figure. The one time the Fat Fu..... up the street DID make it over was when I replaced the two parts he got for me. While he watched and I asked questions, I refilled the transmission with 5 quarts of fluid. That filled the pan. He did all the checking and test driving after this point. Came back and said that he thought the solenoid pack was also bad. This was on July 9. Today is August 8 and I finnaly got tired of waiting for him to do the neighborly thing and had a professional look at it. What a relief!!!!!

If anyone in west Michigan needs transmission work done, I highly recomend Certified Automatic Transmission on Fulton ave in Grand Rapids (recomended to me by JimV from OSO). Steve the owner is a boater and high on my list of shops to have work on my stuff. He also does boat transmissions (TRS, #3,4,5,6). He runs a 303 Checkmate that tickles the 100 mph mark. Top gun in his class at LOTO last year and looking to shatter his speed from that run this year. He called me at work the minute he had it fixed to let me know the good news. Made my day. Day?? Hell, he made my month!!!!! Thanks Steve.

Mike

Smitty 08-14-2002 07:00 PM

Alright Mike!!!

Now that's one less boat we need to worry about getting down to LOTO for the shootout!!!:D

See ya in a few days!!!

wannabe 08-14-2002 07:34 PM

Great News!

Waterfoul,

Glad to hear it was something simple and cheap; but being a boater shouldn't you be checking fluids anyway? Oh Well Have fun at LOTO and post pics.

Wannabe in Motor City

mopower 08-14-2002 07:41 PM

WOW, I don't believe you actually didn't drive it for a month because the fluid was low and actually admitted to it:o :o :o I would have fixed it and said it was the flux capacitor modulation thing-a-ma-jig:D And only if somebody asked:rolleyes:

Playn 08-14-2002 07:55 PM

Great news Mike! Have fun at LOTO!

BGIII 08-14-2002 08:05 PM

wait till you get my bill Mike, then you'll be *****in about a different fat f@?!er. LOL

Audiofn 08-14-2002 08:11 PM

WHAT are you a GIRL!!!!! That is something a girl would do not checking the fluids!!!:p :p :p

traviss 08-14-2002 09:04 PM

Your a girl with sand in her P&*SY :p

sorry foul.. audio told me to post this or he would do that turbo sack smackin thing to me :eek:

Mr Gadgets 08-14-2002 09:48 PM

Glad to hear it was minor.. just look at all the character building you have been doing for the last month!! :D :D

Steve is great! He is good and resonably priced! And his boat is Deluxe!!

See you at LOTO!!

Dick

MnFastBoat 08-14-2002 10:06 PM

Re: FINALLY!!! Some GOOD news about my truck!!!!!

Originally posted by Waterfoul
(refered to as "the fat fuc%$r up the street" in other posts)

I resemble, errrrr.... RESENT that remark :(
I am a fatF^!& that lives up the street from someone :(;) :p :D

Glad the truck is going, real bad it was only fluid
I remmeber when I ran one low on fluid
it took 4 flushes to get it to stay a normal red. Was always black

See at LOTO