whats out there for big hp n/a engines? 632ci and bigger >

whats out there for big hp n/a engines? 632ci and bigger

Notices

whats out there for big hp n/a engines? 632ci and bigger

Old 03-25-2014, 11:01 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 14 apache
I had 598" kinsler injected brodix 351 Oval port cnc with a healthy cam would make around 900hp 6500 rpm. 10.0 to 1CR
598" Head hunters 383mc same cam and dry sump made 960hp 6700rpm over 800+lbs at 4000rpm little hard to plane off with full load of fuel. Needed weight in the nose
One advantage to blower you could run stainless marine exhaust less maintenance no Leakey headers.
i would run the stainless marine ex manifolds on my na motor too, they last for ever, and are inexpensive compared to some quality big tube headers
Old 03-25-2014, 11:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Slow Poke
Now that's funny right there
600 cubic single 4bbl engines i would think are more reliable and would get better fuel mileage than a blower engine of = hp wouldnt you agree?
Old 03-25-2014, 11:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat
the 632's had full cnc port job, they were supposed to make over 800 but in reality they made around 700

if you want fuel mileage I would use diesel. the diesel's will get more then double the fuel mileage.
thats really what i would like. my boating is going to be me getting up on plane and running 1 hr straight to an island off the coast of colombia and running back in the after noon. docking isnt much of an issue. what i read on that big diesel perf boat thread, was kind of intimidating, set can be really crucial to have a boat that performs well. i see all kinds of pro and con stuff, from various ways of venting the prop, to blower/turbo set ups like volvo. to get it up an plane in a hurry.

the boat is going to run sever days a week, a little over 2 hours a day. so diesel make sense. no matter what gas engine set up i run it will be a lot more thirsty than a diesel and need 5 times the maint. i would like to have a pair of 8.3 cummins built with a few mods and mechanical injection.

i was thinking about just running crash boxes. in front of a pair of arnesons.

will a good set of crash boxes hold up behind a 8.3 diesel in a heavy boat? thx, rm
Old 03-26-2014, 01:31 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

The crash box or BAM other 1:1 transmissions with no drop down cannot run in reverse under full power ,make sure you buy a set surface drives that have a LH and RH rotation ,or you will run in the same problems I have ...
Old 03-26-2014, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you want a big cubic inch motor I recommend u deal with someone that builds big motors for a living as they understand what combination of parts needs to be used to make the motor live. Big cubic inch motors are a different animal. Good luck with your future project.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by stirling
The crash box or BAM other 1:1 transmissions with no drop down cannot run in reverse under full power ,make sure you buy a set surface drives that have a LH and RH rotation ,or you will run in the same problems I have ...
whats a drop down, reduced gearing? thx, rm
Old 03-26-2014, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

It can be either a under drive or an overdrive in ratio ,or even 1:1 ,drop down boxes are used when there ,s a straith output Arneson ASD 8 for example ,you,ll need a drop down to raise the engine ,because the oil pan will have to go through the bottem of the boat ,most drop down trannies are 5 inch drop ,but remember when you have a big gasoline engine with 5500+ rpm and 700 or more horsepower ,there is no gearbox with drop down to be found in that range ... I ran into that problem and spoke with Rik at Arneson ,he assumed I would use a chainbox and a gearbox on the transom for LH and RH rotation ,my ASD8 would bolt up strait to those boxes nso I coan use either crash boxes or BAM /cyborg
Old 03-26-2014, 12:47 PM
Registered

motor's built in Miami Cobra power 598 ci. 725 carb to 800 efi I would go efi .

also there's a nice diesel offshore boat for sale in the classified's here on OSO it has FPT 560's and run's 90+mph . Fpt make's the block's for cummins from what i have read.

link to boat
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o55791-en.html

link to motor
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o54063-en.html
Old 03-26-2014, 02:40 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=mikebrls;4096149]motor's built in Miami Cobra power 598 ci. 725 carb to 800 efi I would go efi .

also there's a nice diesel offshore boat for sale in the classified's here on OSO it has FPT 560's and run's 90+mph . Fpt make's the block's for cummins from what i have read.

link to boat

link to motor
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o54063-en.html[/Qi

i saw that black boat, there was a build thread years go about a guy building an alum offshore boat, i dont think it ever really it got sorted out, and i dont think they built anymore...

the more i think about it i need to go diesel with arnesons or 4stroke outboards... conventional i/o with a gas motor will be too much fuel and maintenance
Old 03-26-2014, 02:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mikebrls
motor's built in Miami Cobra power 598 ci. 725 carb to 800 efi I would go efi .

link to boat

link to motor
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o54063-en.html
i know randy he dyno'ed my 572 for my mistress.

he builds a ton of engines. his crew is always in build mode, he has a ton of motors built and ready to go at any given time. and he does build a good motor and gives a guarantee, the guarantee makes a big difference, but being in so. america... wouldnt help me a bit. lol but still 34,999 vs 16k for a shafiroff engine. im ok with a single 4bbl but you can buy a f.a.s.t efi system for around 2500, which is only 1500 more than a 1000 dollar dominator...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.