Overnighting without Camper Top >

Overnighting without Camper Top

Notices

Overnighting without Camper Top

Old 03-23-2014, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overnighting without Camper Top

This will be my first summer without a camper top on my boat. I will probably put my cockpit cover on at night to at least keep the boat dry. What do you guys do?
Old 03-23-2014, 03:00 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's all I usually ever use even on my cruiser. The full camper top is just more trouble than its worth for just one night. Getting in and out is a little more challenging but that doesn't bother me.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I overnight with one too. No biggie, snap down the cockpit cover and leave undone to climb in and out. Easy.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts

Have a zipper sewn into the cover. This way its fully covered and you can get out.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sonic700
Have a zipper sewn into the cover. This way its fully covered and you can get out.
Same here, zippered access sewn into the tonneau cover...although I still use my bimini and enclosures quite a lot.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 4,322 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Originally Posted by sonic700

Old 03-24-2014, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have done it with and without the top on. If its a dry night no big deal but if you get some dew man does it make a mess. The bugs are the worst part.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

x3 on the zipper. Makes retrieving anything left in the boat much easier.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:37 AM
Registered

i kep the cockpit cover on the boat, so I put that one and slid on my belly across the sun pad. I have left it undocvered on a dry night, but that pretty rare. the dew makes it easy to wipe down and have a clean boat in the morning though.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:34 AM
Registered

That's what I do just cockpit cover , But beware !! Last summer we spent a couple of nights at a marina ,
It was a lovely evening so I only did the cover half up ,about a hour later we were sitting in a in a bar when the heavens opened up thunder lightning the lot , I am now kicking myself for not doing the cover all the way up . Returning to the boat a few hours later to my surprise the guy in the cruiser next to me had seen the cover half of and jump on board and popped all the studs down for me. .
I undone the last few on the corner of the sunpad crawled in leavening the studs undone .
At about 5 am I need to go but I couldn't get out . The guy in the cruiser had heard the corner of the cover flapping about and thought it had come undone so he got up in the middle of the night and popped it back down again , the only way I could undo the studs was to put my hand between two studs and make a fist and they popped open . We laughted about it later .

Last edited by paul buckner; 03-25-2014 at 04:36 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.