Old 03-27-2014, 08:19 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was pre Guardian gone days
Old 03-27-2014, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

Now with the guardian gone they must really outlast the turbines........
Old 03-27-2014, 08:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MissGeicoRacing
That was pre Guardian gone days
hmmm...a 'guardian mode' card well played, and you guys rocked ass in KW '13. but, i'll await the next shootout between you and either of the t53's in a 'proper' duel a-la clearwater where you stepped into turbine class and had a matching start to see who are the real mules
Old 03-27-2014, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 74 Likes on 40 Posts

foxbat . can't wait to see the new MTI pics ! Rick going to run his old power plants or any new upgrades being done ? thks

Last edited by I'CE; 03-27-2014 at 12:14 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by I'CE
foxbat . can't wait to see the new MTI pics ! Rick going to run his old power plants or any new upgrades being done ? thks
i'ce, to the best of my knowledge they are still running 1850 hp turbine marine t53's. here's an excerpt from Hammer Down Boating article a few weeks back:

"HDB fans; We recently were able to catch up to team member Jordan Armsey of the G3 Aqua-Mania Offshore race team and confirm the rumors that were swirling.

Gregg Rosen has purchased a new 52’ MTI. He will be driving with Rick Merola on the throttles. They will be pushed through the waters at a blistering speed with 2 – 1850 HP Lycoming turbine engines.

They will be doing some racing, along with poker runs and also will be going after some long runs for records. The team currently still holds the 2009 World record run for Miami to Bimini and back.

Here at HDB we are very happy to hear such great news. This is a great team and sure to bring some exciting action to this year’s season.

As of this time the pictures of the boat with the new graphics are being kept under lock and key. As soon as we get some we will post them for all to enjoy. Good Luck this season Gregg , Rick, Jordan and the whole Aqua-Mania Crew. Be safe and as always HAMMER DOWN!! "
Old 03-28-2014, 06:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 302Sport
Now with the guardian gone they must really outlast the turbines........
much as i like turbines, it was interesting to see mgrt running the new 1650 pistons with great reliability, and overall success in kw '13. matter of fact, both the turbine boats there (qatar 96 and mary mac) were completely outmatched in the overall durability and race-completion metric by the pistons and the merc 1650s in particular. as a lay person, i'd have to say the turbines on the race circuit definitely have durability issues especially relating to heat dissipation. in the last few years, i didn't really see too many pistons going up in flames (sidebar geico mystic turbine destroyed by fire, qatar 96 mystic drops out of kw in flames as well).

Last edited by foxbat; 03-28-2014 at 06:25 AM.