Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Performance Engineering Ross, Ohio: Reviews Please. >

Performance Engineering Ross, Ohio: Reviews Please.

Notices

Performance Engineering Ross, Ohio: Reviews Please.

Old 03-30-2014, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Engineering Ross, Ohio: Reviews Please.

I'm looking for reviews on a shop. Performance Engineering out of Ross Ohio. Seems they build very nice custom motors for cobras. Anyone use them for marine builds??????
Old 03-30-2014, 09:30 PM
Registered

I don't know much about them, other than driving by the shop now and then. I always remember seeing Cobra's in the lot when they were there. I'm pretty sure but last time I was around there, it seemed as the shop was empty. But I think their shop switched locations, if this is still the same place.. I'll have to do some checking.

https://www.facebook.com/PerformanceEngineeringLLC

http://perfeng.cc/index.html

Going through the FB page it looks like they have done some marine stuff. I know the guy that has that red camaro on the top of their page, who also has a Baja. I'll have to as him.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:10 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Crowney
I'm looking for reviews on a shop. Performance Engineering out of Ross Ohio. Seems they build very nice custom motors for cobras. Anyone use them for marine builds??????
Used to also drive past them.they are known more for automotive applications than marine although they have done some.i used a shop in sandusky ohio for years called GRIFFS.(sandusky is 1 hour closer to you also)they do a boatload (pun intended) of high performance engines including marine applications.i would say at least 50 percent of their work is marine.i used them exclusively for our drag race engines to include gas, alcohol & blown alcohol applications.NEVER had a problem or failure due to them.cant hurt to check them out 419-625-0783.good luck in your search.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:29 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Check out BES
Old 03-31-2014, 06:36 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Performance Engineering did move, not sure of their new location. When I was there they had a pair of 1000+hp engines out of the Agitator Skater.

I second BES (Bischoff Engine Service 812-576-2371), they have a lot of marine experience and are very good to work with. They have several big hp boats running around. Keep in mind they can get very busy at the start of the year, it may take some time to get your project done if you are in a hurry.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:12 AM
Registered

Thx guys. I have a buddy that is gathering information on a boat with motors built by this shop. All reviews are positive online. I haven't found any customer service or build issues that are poor about the shop. Thx again.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:01 PM
Registered

http://www.gressmanpowersports.com
Old 06-24-2014, 01:49 PM
Registered

Do some research to back what I'm about to tell you. Look on club cobra.
I had an engine built by Eric the motor blew after a year and a half. I live in NY. He said bring it back I'll fix it (admirable..)

I drove the 13 hours with the car on a trailer. When it was time to pick it up I had broken my leg badly in a soccer game. So I asked Eric to test the car well before a friend came to pick it up for me.

When the car was back in NY first drive I noticed the oil pressure decreased as rpm increased! The bearings were shot. Eric said bring it back.... Long long story short when I had the engine rebuilt locally they found all sorts of bad workmanship inside. He us a scammer at best. I'm one of a long list to be screwed by Eric.

I got screwed out of a lot of money and time.

Beware!!!
Old 06-24-2014, 05:42 PM
Registered

BES did the top end work on a performance car motor for me years back. Very good work. I grew up nearby in Harrison and have heard nothing but positive things about them from other customers as well so I'd say they are the real deal.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Pretty sure you guys are talking about the same performance engineering out of ohio, that I am. I bought a boat years back that boasted a low hour brand new 540CI engine. Seller had all the receipts to go along with the paperwork. Engine had about 20 hours on it when I bought the boat. To make a long story short, the engine didnt make 21 hours, before having to come out. Turns out they built it, but the clearances were so friggin tight, it ate the bearings right out of it. No oil pressure at warm idle was the clue. Had a total rebuild done by Ateco and no more issues after that. They used all decent parts, Dart block, Steel cranks, H beam rods, etc etc. Just poor assembly/machine work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.