Notices

Long trip, Bad Bearing...

Old 04-01-2014, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Great looking boat! Congrats!

Are you planning to keep the boat on that trailer?
Wondering the same myself... looks like it may be for a 32 / 33? Not seeing much room to slide the bow stop / winch bracket forward either...
Old 04-01-2014, 05:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love working the kinks out the first couple trips! When I bought mine I went one trip and had 3 bad tires and one spare tire. I came back and did all of the wheel bearings and tires. Congrats on the boat
Old 04-01-2014, 06:53 PM
Registered

Your dock fees at PIB just doubled
Old 04-01-2014, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Congrats on the new ride!
Old 04-01-2014, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice boat, it was 10 miles from my house and saw it on the lift many a time, it can't have many hours as I never saw it in the water. I know you were looking for awhile and glad it all worked out for you. Enjoy!
Old 04-01-2014, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

One from my home town. Nice boat.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:32 PM
Registered

26 mpg! I want whatever drugs your on. If you got 15 I will give you my boat. Your a goofy SOB but I love ya
Old 04-02-2014, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't calculate the mileage it's just what the truck said it got. I can tell you this, before I put any tune on it I averaged about 17-18 according to the DIC and that is about 75% freeway and 25% in town driving. After the tune it was reading just over 22. I drive conservatily. On the way down I reset and that's what it read when I got to Pasadena. I will calculate it by hand next time and see how much of a difference I get. I did fill up in Pickerington OH and stopped just east of Cumberland MD with less the 1/4 tank of fuel. When I got to Pasadena I had just over a half left. And for some reason it seems like the bottom half of the tank is bigger as it doesn't take long for the needle to drop off the full mark.

As for the trailer I do plan on keeping it on it and do plan on moving up the winch you can see where it looked like someone moved it back. I'm just not sure how much play I have with the stepped hull. The seller said that he called fast load directly and gave them the dimensions of his boat and they built the trailer off that. There wasn't much tongue wait that's for sure the back end of my truck didn't even drop any. I saw another ZX on a trailer a guy hauled back from FL to MI and it did look like it sat farther back then mine. The seller might have moved it back cause he was only using a 1500 to get it to his launch, which was only twice a year and 10 mins from his house.

Here's a few more pics. The first one is from the seller, and there it looks like it was farther up as the bow is over the jack. The last 2 our from my gf. Should I be concerned with the fact there's the only 2 I beams on the trailer, no bunks in the front?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]521322[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]521323[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]521324[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Long trip, Bad Bearing...-image.jpg   Long trip, Bad Bearing...-image.jpg   Long trip, Bad Bearing...-image.jpg  

Old 04-02-2014, 08:49 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

That trailer is below marginal IMHO.

1) The wood hanging beyond the support of the frame is bad. Allows the wood to sag and the boat to hook.
2) The boat hanging off the back of the wood is also just as bad; for the same reasons.
3) Definitely not enough support with just 2 bunks. It's going to be terrible to load it as well.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Matt...the trailer on my Fountain only had two long bunks...that being the case, you might not have too bad a problem moving the boat forward a bit. You might want to compensate for the steps by adding wood blocks to the bunks...that should ostensibly even out the pressure on the hull and prevent hooking, and give you a better "guide" as to where the boat will go when you put it back on the trailer. I'd say conservatively, you'd want to move that at least a foot forward.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.