Notices

Helping out fellow OSOers

Old 04-04-2014, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Helping out fellow OSOers

We'll. I don't know if the right section for this but we have all read the cig vs apache vs fountain,pissing match but it's still great read. I know. A lot of oso members buy and sell form each other just like to hear your about your transactions.

The other day a board member high&dry asked for some help in Western Massachusetts, told him I could help we talked on the phone. He just needed help picking up some stuff and needed it shipped, Jon told me he would send and email,with all,the shipping info, very easy picked it up Sunday an shipped out Monday. We'll this afternoon Friday looked in the mail and see a envelope hand written to me , so,I open it up an it was a very generous gift card to Home Depot. It was just nice to help out a board member.

Hope to here some good stories,because we only seem to here about the bad.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

You have your good ones, And you have your Bad Ones......I Don't think it's 50/50 Unfortunately. I sent parts to a Member in need (For Free and I paid shipping) and never even received a Thank You..
Old 04-04-2014, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

in my dealings with other oso members i have had 99%good results.this site has the best people in the world imo.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Well it's good to here some positive feed back, it just make for a better boating community .
Old 04-05-2014, 01:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I've gotten more help and ideas from guys here than anywhere else.

Also, bought lots of stuff here with great results.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

This is generally a great site. Between knowledge and parts. Most are good to deal with. I will shout out some. Commandersander, oneanddone, mptrimshop, sickstinger, smokin gun, mild thunder, sprink, Diego, wildmangrafix, glass Dave. I'm sure there's more I'm leaving out. Some I've bought from, some have given stuff, some I've given stuff other just conversations.

Like anywhere else be it Internet, or a dealership. Some good people some shady people. Always have to sift through the sh@t. I'm happy to be a member here and have gained knowledge and given what little I have and also made some great friendships.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:16 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 790 Likes on 257 Posts

I've always said I consider every member here(exc Darr) to be like my family. You got some good, some bad and some nuts.

That being said, just like a family, we can fight amongst ourselves. But if someone from outside causes a problem for one of us I will go to battle for that member without hesitation.

Now, can we all go to pay Darr a visit? I'll bring the OSO Bat that we still have here in S. Fla from the early days of OSO.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:18 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 790 Likes on 257 Posts

I will add that in 11++ years here my list of my 10 closest friends has changed to the point that 9 are now people I met through OSO.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

These guys have helped me a ton! BIGGUS, O.C. Barry and thirdchildhood. I can't thank these guys enough! Biggus Helped me out getting a jacket I lost as a kid back to my dad. Which hopefully Biggus sees this. My dad said thank you very much. He doesn't quite understand how the whole forum thing works, but I'm working on him! O.C. Barry offering Props for testing and also thought he had the right jacket. ( Great guy) and also third childhood (Carl) for helping me out with the Magazine I needed for my brother Birthday. I've had great experiences here. Hopefully soon when my projects get straightened out and the boat back up and running. I'll be able to meet more of you guys out on the water! Kills me I probably won't make it out this year either. Thanks again guys!