Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lake George Performance Weekend May 17th & 18th- who's going?? >

Lake George Performance Weekend May 17th & 18th- who's going??

Notices

Lake George Performance Weekend May 17th & 18th- who's going??

Old 04-08-2014, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Sorry Chris, I missed you apology. My bad.
No problem. It is just frustrating when they dont want my boat on the lake during the season but want me to bring it during the off season for a little money making. That doesn't take away from the event which is a great time. Just not a fan of your village policies.[/QUOTE]
I agree with you. They hand out tickets and hawk go fast boats just waiting for an excuse for a ticket, making it perfectly clear that it is NOT GO FAST FRIENDLY except when you want to make money off us for 1 event. You can't have it both ways. I hope you have a fun event, not trying to take anything away from your tradition but thats why I won't make the trip. Its a shame and probably my loss because it is a beautiful lake.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:00 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,064 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by Orange quatro
No problem. It is just frustrating when they dont want my boat on the lake during the season but want me to bring it during the off season for a little money making. That doesn't take away from the event which is a great time. Just not a fan of your village policies.
I agree with you. They hand out tickets and hawk go fast boats just waiting for an excuse for a ticket, making it perfectly clear that it is NOT GO FAST FRIENDLY except when you want to make money off us for 1 event. You can't have it both ways. I hope you have a fun event, not trying to take anything away from your tradition but thats why I won't make the trip. Its a shame and probably my loss because it is a beautiful lake.[/QUOTE]

This isnt the thread to talk badly on the place that lots of members call home, do business in, and have trouble free high-performance boating.
Shouldn't be done at all frankly. As its been said, 170MPH Skaters, 42 Outerlimits, 39 Cigarettes, a World Champion Race Team or 3, all have zero issues boating here. If you choose where you go fast, and make an attempt to pass the NYS Decibel Limit (State wide, not just LG), you will enjoy your time. This thread needs to stay on topic or be deleted. One person goes blowing through Bolton Bay on July 4th weekend, gets a ticket, then trash talks LG to all his friends. On a busy Holiday Weekend, if you're going through busy areas at high speed, you deserve a ticket. We have no more right to use the lake then a family on a pontoon boat. Period.
We can't make this event happen without the help of the Park Commission, let's stop the finger pointing all at them.

Last edited by TeamSaris; 04-08-2014 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol. I meant invasive, lol Actually Sacandaga is very clean (the water changes over 7 times in a year). The water isnt as clear because we get sand stirred up in it as we are sand based (why we have many nice beaches to pull up to) and Lake George is rock based (hence minimal beaches to go to). So I don't think I would want to have those damn Zebras all over my boat, docks, etc... They are sharp little suckers!
That's hysterical! I moved my boat from Sacandaga 5 years ago because I got sick of trees floating in the middle of the lake when the water is high, or watching out for sand bars when the water is low, or not launching until mid-June because of all the chit in the water, or hauling out before Labor Day because NYS opened the dam and there's not enough water to boat in.
Lake George has speed and noise limits because it's one of the most popular lakes in the northeast. Check the tourist stats. I go 80 every weekend and have never gotten a ticket.
Like everything else, you just have to use your head.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:34 PM
Registered

Hope everyone has fun that weekend, regardless of what lake your on. I know I will..
Tell Dad I said Hi Johnny.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TeamSaris
I agree with you. They hand out tickets and hawk go fast boats just waiting for an excuse for a ticket, making it perfectly clear that it is NOT GO FAST FRIENDLY except when you want to make money off us for 1 event. You can't have it both ways. I hope you have a fun event, not trying to take anything away from your tradition but thats why I won't make the trip. Its a shame and probably my loss because it is a beautiful lake.
This isnt the thread to talk badly on the place that lots of members call home, do business in, and have trouble free high-performance boating.
Shouldn't be done at all frankly. As its been said, 170MPH Skaters, 42 Outerlimits, 39 Cigarettes, a World Champion Race Team or 3, all have zero issues boating here. If you choose where you go fast, and make an attempt to pass the NYS Decibel Limit (State wide, not just LG), you will enjoy your time. This thread needs to stay on topic or be deleted. One person goes blowing through Bolton Bay on July 4th weekend, gets a ticket, then trash talks LG to all his friends. On a busy Holiday Weekend, if you're going through busy areas at high speed, you deserve a ticket. We have no more right to use the lake then a family on a pontoon boat. Period.
We can't make this event happen without the help of the Park Commission, let's stop the finger pointing all at them.[/QUOTE]

Well said jonny. It's going to be great weekend!
Old 04-08-2014, 07:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Green Eyes
That's hysterical! I moved my boat from Sacandaga 5 years ago because I got sick of trees floating in the middle of the lake when the water is high, or watching out for sand bars when the water is low, or not launching until mid-June because of all the chit in the water, or hauling out before Labor Day because NYS opened the dam and there's not enough water to boat in.
Lake George has speed and noise limits because it's one of the most popular lakes in the northeast. Check the tourist stats. I go 80 every weekend and have never gotten a ticket.

Couldn't agree more. We made the switch. Best move ever.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:06 PM
Registered

lol. I meant invasive, lol Actually Sacandaga is very clean (the water changes over 7 times in a year). The water isnt as clear because we get sand stirred up in it as we are sand based (why we have many nice beaches to pull up to) and Lake George is rock based (hence minimal beaches to go to). So I don't think I would want to have those damn Zebras all over my boat, docks, etc... They are sharp little suckers!

Yup, minimal amount of beaches on lake George. Log bay, basin bay, katskill bay and million dollar beach aren't sandy LMAO. The only time sacandaga out numbers LG for sandy hang outs is from mid August when the lake level drop so low that the entire south basin becomes a sand/water maze. I always got a kick out of the kids on there quad on Sand island in sept.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:18 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,064 Likes on 281 Posts

Both lakes have their pros and cons, either way this will be a great event!
Old 04-08-2014, 08:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Johnny, trying to work out the details w/the parents. My dad is interested, hopefully will have the Activator ready to take home nicest vee-bottom!!

It's been a couple of years, but will hopefully be able to make it this year.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Green Eyes
Ok..... Well I have not had to worry about the water being to low in forever. Things floating in the spring is on almost anybody of water when a wet one. Sacandaga doesn't need permits to put a boat in. Nor do need them to anchor off the sand beaches we have (not rocks). Can you put a poker run on any weekend of the summer? We can. Funny you mention moving to lake George, I don't know how many people on Sacandaga have said they used to go to LG and no longer will as your blue boaters and ticket happy cops have made it no longer worthwhile. And you are talking about tourists not boaters. I would be willing to bet on any given weekend there are more boats on Sacandaga than LG. (Not that that makes one better than the other) Not to mention permits needed for everything. If you really want to make it a stupid pissing match.... And of course we won't even get into winter night life. But, whatever floats your boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.