Commentary: CNN Misses The Go-Fast Boat >

Commentary: CNN Misses The Go-Fast Boat

Notices

Commentary: CNN Misses The Go-Fast Boat

Old 04-08-2014, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by professor_speed
Honestly I think you guys are over reacting, and getting political for no reason. (I must have missed the part of the article that got political) Who cares what that guys says. Its one guys opinion, I really like the Lambo boat, but I think some of the other MTI's are gaudy and tasteless, but that's just my opinion. (I'm sure the owner's could care less what I think about their boat) At least the article took time to point out that this is not some guy blowing daddy's money, but a self made success story. This Quentin Willson guy is obviously detached from reality, 1. he comes from money, 2. drives around in a MB SLS, 3. says the MTI is to expensive but says a Riva is ok? that little Riva in the picture would probably set you back about 650k http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1966...s#.U0MsHPldXRQ Yes there is some poor journalism going on here but there is poor journalism everywhere, CNN,FOX The AP, you have to wade through B.S. all of them varying levels of truth and crap that is used as filler.
Thank you professor.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow! I was only upset because they said my boAt looked like a banana!
Old 04-08-2014, 07:43 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by professor_speed
Honestly I think you guys are over reacting, and getting political for no reason. (I must have missed the part of the article that got political) Who cares what that guys says. Its one guys opinion, I really like the Lambo boat, but I think some of the other MTI's are gaudy and tasteless, but that's just my opinion. (I'm sure the owner's could care less what I think about their boat) At least the article took time to point out that this is not some guy blowing daddy's money, but a self made success story. This Quentin Willson guy is obviously detached from reality, 1. he comes from money, 2. drives around in a MB SLS, 3. says the MTI is to expensive but says a Riva is ok? that little Riva in the picture would probably set you back about 650k http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1966...s#.U0MsHPldXRQ Yes there is some poor journalism going on here but there is poor journalism everywhere, CNN,FOX The AP, you have to wade through B.S. all of them varying levels of truth and crap that is used as filler.
A well thought out view of the situation
Old 04-08-2014, 08:11 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Wow! I was only upset because they said my boAt looked like a banana!
OK, that's pretty funny and a whole lot more on topic.

While CNN's political slant may be clear to many (I don't follow it so I don't know firsthand, same with Fox), I have no idea what Ms. McKenzie's are based on her crappy story. I only know she wrote a crappy story and that the subject deserved better. And that's what I wrote in my commentary.

As for Mr. Willson, based on the vehicle Ms. Kenzie's story claims he owns, I think it's unlikely that he struggles with burning fossil fuel, much less the economic system called capitalism. I only know he doesn't like yellow. automobile-themed boats and isn't shy about expressing his views on them.

But carry on, gentlemen. This is fun to read.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio

But carry on, gentlemen. This is fun to read.
Been a long Winter
Old 04-08-2014, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks Matt T., I alway click and read your articles
Old 04-08-2014, 10:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Who's next? Maybe Flightclub.
That would be good entertainment.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:48 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for posting Matt, I wouldn't have read about this otherwise.

I stopped watching Communist News Network shortly after I took a job in a prison.
I stopped watching Marxist Sons of the National Broadcast Company shortly after I took a job in Metro Detroit.

When I want to see the results of the great social experiment, I go to work and cringe, make my money, give half right back to the "cause", cringe again, and then go back and do it over again.

When I want to see what I'm WORKING to own in 10-15 years, I come to this site or go on vacation and scope out the marinas.

"If you're under 30 and a Republican, you lack a heart, if you're over 30 and a Democrat you lack a brain." Famous quote, must have been either Morgan Freeman or Abe Lincoln according to the memes on the interwebs. LOL
Old 04-09-2014, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

The trend in this country to "hate the rich" is out of hand. It seems ok to do nothing and be rich (AKA Kardashian lifestyle) but to earn and spend is seen as un-American. There was recently an article on how the wealthy in NYC (5th Ave types) directly employ over 153,000 people in NYC to service them either directly or indirectly. So if you hate the rich, then they all move out of NYC then 153K people will be unemployed......yeah that sounds fun!
Old 04-09-2014, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

California is the worst by far!! When it comes to screwing you for working. You just can't beat the weather here! Lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.