Notices

Where does it go?

Old 08-24-2002, 03:25 PM
blackhawk

Default Where does it go?

Wiring my new gauges and rocker switches and noticed that my warning alarm was unplugged. It has a piggyback female connector meaning wherever it was unplugged from will still have a wire hooked to it. I had no luck finding the obvious. Anyone know where it should connect?

Thanks,

Scott
Attached Thumbnails Where does it go?-elgas082402.jpg  

Old 08-24-2002, 03:57 PM
Mear Image

Check your email Blackhawk..

Old 08-24-2002, 05:18 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Isn't purple usually ignition, so it will be armed when the engines are running, but not armed when they are off? The brown wire then goes to all the various alarm sensors which close to ground.

Find a terminal nearby (probably on the ignition switch) which has a single purple wire with a spade connector plugged onto it. Unplug that wire, plug the piggyback connector from the alarm onto the terminal, and the plug the other wire onto the piggyback connector. (And hope the alarm doesn't stay on.....)

Last edited by C_Spray; 08-24-2002 at 05:21 PM.
Old 08-24-2002, 05:30 PM
blackhawk

C Spray, that's what I thought too, but my ignition doesn't have any spade connectors, they are screw connectors. I wonder if the original owner had to replace the ignition and the original ignition switch had the spade connectors?

Mark, just got yor e-mail, thanks. I'll check for a purple wire on the ignition marked "I".

How is it suppose to work? Isn't it suppose to "test" itself by alarming when the ignition is on but not running?

Scott

Old 08-24-2002, 05:55 PM
blackhawk

Found a purple wire on the ignition switch. Grabbed my muffs and hooked them up. Held the alarm wire on top of the ignition wire and turned the key, alarm went off. Started boat, alarm quit. It looks like that is how the "test" works(according to the idiotsticker under the ignition). I'm guessing that the previous owner replaced the ignition with one that had screw terminals instead of spade. If he did, he did one hell of a job, looks factory. But since every other connecter onder the dash is spade, that's what I .m assuming. I can see why he didn't hook it back up. That thing is loud and annoying!

Thanks for the help,

Scott

Old 08-24-2002, 07:42 PM
packinair

you don't need no stinkin alarm. I know something is wrong when you hear the loud BANG.

Old 08-25-2002, 12:04 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking alarm's

Hay the under side of my dash had (has) the exact same wire lose when I bought it I think it is because of the lose nut behind the wheel of these boats I hooked it up (for 5 seconds) and then disconected it again
Old 08-25-2002, 07:54 PM
blackhawk

Yeah, I'm not hooking it back up either. I just wanted to know where it went when I do hook it back up. Probably when I sell it!