Old 04-19-2014, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Dodge ram. 2500
Old 04-19-2014, 09:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by abones
Ed, I will pull it home for you if you want! PM me any we can set time. I will be free all day Sunday.
Thanks boat is locked up until next Saturday Truck will be fixed by then
Ed
Old 04-19-2014, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie
Let me guess a Chevy or GMC?
I blew one 2yrs ago. Apparently it is a common
thing... To common.
Lost a brake line on the dually last summer while in the ramp....
Old 04-19-2014, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

When I recently bought my 1997 Dually, as soon as I got it home, it got new calipers, wheel cylinders, and all rubber lines replaced. The truck was from down south, so no rust underneath. Even with that, when launching the boat, I get myself into position on the ramp. Once I am on the incline, I keep the truck in 4 low, and in drive. I ease off the brake, while the boat is pulling the truck backwards down the ramp. I always worry about popping a break line, and if it does, I just need to hit the accelerator. Sometimes there just may not be time to shift back into drive and wait on the trans to engage again. I've had people tell me thats no good for the trans, but I cant see it hurting anything, been doing it that way for years.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:04 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
When I recently bought my 1997 Dually, as soon as I got it home, it got new calipers, wheel cylinders, and all rubber lines replaced. The truck was from down south, so no rust underneath. Even with that, when launching the boat, I get myself into position on the ramp. Once I am on the incline, I keep the truck in 4 low, and in drive. I ease off the brake, while the boat is pulling the truck backwards down the ramp. I always worry about popping a break line, and if it does, I just need to hit the accelerator. Sometimes there just may not be time to shift back into drive and wait on the trans to engage again. I've had people tell me thats no good for the trans, but I cant see it hurting anything, been doing it that way for years.
i launched my old scarab like that for 3yrs....90Kmiles on the truck when it was sold and never an issue

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 04-21-2014, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I blew a brake line immediately after pulling my boat out of the water a couple years ago. At the same time, I got a flat on one of my trailer tires (saw puddle of brake fluid, then heard hissing from trailer). Got both fixed, pulled the boat down to LOTO the next weekend, and upon launching, found out I had a bad shift cable. So all three things happened at once. FML.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
There's always that guy.

"Hayuck, I dunno if thass a good ideer."

Ya, well shut the fruck up in the mean time. lol
Old 04-21-2014, 05:30 PM
Registered

Got the truck fixed today. Total cost from the shop was $271 including $75 for the towing. I'm trying to think how much this would have cost if the boat had brakes !