5 Speed Worlf Records set at Cleveland

Notices

5 Speed Worlf Records set at Cleveland

Old 08-10-2002, 08:41 AM
Offshore Addiction

Default 5 Speed Worlf Records set at Cleveland

Five Speed World Records Set at Cleveland Offshore Grand Prix

08/09/2002

Great weather and good conditions set the stage for a record breaking day of powerboat speed runs at the Cleveland Offshore Grand Prix. Fifteen boats worked hard to set new world records, only five succeded.
Super Cat Tommy Bahama made four speed runs in the smooth Lake Erie water, logging a top speed of 138.905 mph. The Nemschoff father and son team pulled out an average overall speed of 136.975 mph, setting a new world record in
their class.

Fellow Super Cat team "Baker Engineering" put in a valiant effort, hitting a top average speed of 134.216 mph. In the Performance Class the "Bacardi Silver" catamaran registered a blistering 191.469 mph in its second of two runs. Their average speed of 186.570 mph blew away their Savannah speed run time of 168 mph.

In the Super Cat Light Inboard division, "Dirty Duck" set a new kilo record of 115.338 mph. "In Mocean Again" also entered the race to establish a world record and hit an average speed of 113.406 mph.

"Liquid Metal", another Super Cat Light Inboard team registered an average speed of 112.132 mph and in the Super Cat Light Outboard Triple "Money Shot" established a new kilo record of 116.334 mph.

"Nick Carter Racing", 2002 series points leader of the Super Vee Class, fell short of a new kilo record with its average speed of 114.542. In Factory II "Speed Wear" topped off its run at 92.280 for a new record and in the One
Design Class "Stay Alive" established a new kilo mark of 71.358 mph.

The Cleveland Offshore Grand Prix continues with a noon race and Happy Hour Testing tomorrow and races at noon and 2 p.m. on Sunday. Stay tuned to www.APBAOffshore.com for the latest on the Cleveland Offshore Grand Prix.

Old 08-10-2002, 08:42 AM
Offshore Addiction

Way to go Speedwear- Lance you are the man....

And Bacardi- almost hit the 200 mph mark as they were wanting to do...

Old 08-10-2002, 09:15 AM
Offshore Addiction

Speedwear is a Fountain- not sure of the length...

Old 08-10-2002, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Today's weather looks even better... HEADING DOWN to cruse the wet pits...
Old 08-11-2002, 01:19 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Offshore Addiction
Speedwear is a Fountain- not sure of the length...
38 Fever Congrats Lance and Todd
Old 08-11-2002, 03:58 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 5 Speed Worlf Records set at Cleveland

Wait a minute I thought bean boy, Jelly Belly, set it last year in Super Cat at 137 something. I know that in 99 when I was with the Ragamuffin Bros we set and still hold the Modified record @138.962 I believe it was I know the 138 part is right it's the point whatever part that I can't remember but if I pull out an old uniform I could look it up on the sleeve.

Originally posted by Offshore Addiction
Five Speed World Records Set at Cleveland Offshore Grand Prix

08/09/2002

Great weather and good conditions set the stage for a record breaking day of powerboat speed runs at the Cleveland Offshore Grand Prix. Fifteen boats worked hard to set new world records, only five succeded.
Super Cat Tommy Bahama made four speed runs in the smooth Lake Erie water, logging a top speed of 138.905 mph. The Nemschoff father and son team pulled out an average overall speed of 136.975 mph, setting a new world record in
their class.

Fellow Super Cat team "Baker Engineering" put in a valiant effort, hitting a top average speed of 134.216 mph. In the Performance Class the "Bacardi Silver" catamaran registered a blistering 191.469 mph in its second of two runs. Their average speed of 186.570 mph blew away their Savannah speed run time of 168 mph.

In the Super Cat Light Inboard division, "Dirty Duck" set a new kilo record of 115.338 mph. "In Mocean Again" also entered the race to establish a world record and hit an average speed of 113.406 mph.

"Liquid Metal", another Super Cat Light Inboard team registered an average speed of 112.132 mph and in the Super Cat Light Outboard Triple "Money Shot" established a new kilo record of 116.334 mph.

"Nick Carter Racing", 2002 series points leader of the Super Vee Class, fell short of a new kilo record with its average speed of 114.542. In Factory II "Speed Wear" topped off its run at 92.280 for a new record and in the One
Design Class "Stay Alive" established a new kilo mark of 71.358 mph.

The Cleveland Offshore Grand Prix continues with a noon race and Happy Hour Testing tomorrow and races at noon and 2 p.m. on Sunday. Stay tuned to www.APBAOffshore.com for the latest on the Cleveland Offshore Grand Prix.
Old 08-11-2002, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too Old - Zip came in late Friday(missed the runs) and were at the Merc truck Sat morning working on the drives.
Old 08-11-2002, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too Old - Dirty Duck set the record at 115.338, Zipp's SBI speed was 113.495. Looks like Zipp would have needed a little more to get both.
They may have been there I didn't get into town till after midnight, and went streight to the hotel. I din't see them Friday till around 3pm or so.
Old 08-11-2002, 05:03 PM
BTJ88

Default Re: Re: 5 Speed Worlf Records set at Cleveland

Originally posted by sean stinson
Wait a minute I thought bean boy, Jelly Belly, set it last year in Super Cat at 137 something. I know that in 99 when I was with the Ragamuffin Bros we set and still hold the Modified record @138.962 I believe it was I know the 138 part is right it's the point whatever part that I can't remember but if I pull out an old uniform I could look it up on the sleeve.

That's the APBA for you. I think they made a change to the type of lifting eyes you can use - so that means that all old records are now "retired".

Old 08-11-2002, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I believe

Zipp passed on the kilo run due to poor performance in testing. Some days it just dosnt come together.

Congrats "Dirty Duck" on your World record run!

(little teeth gritting on that one) but I mean it sincerley. It takes a lot of hard work to get a full size 36 ft boat to go 115+ mph with a stock set up.

Stay fast cause the "Zipp train" will be nippin at that new world record run!!

Maximus

BTJ88- LMAO!!!

Last edited by Maximus; 08-11-2002 at 10:20 PM.

Quick Reply: 5 Speed Worlf Records set at Cleveland

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.