Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I can't get a F#@$'in break!!!!!! >

I can't get a F#@$'in break!!!!!!

Notices

I can't get a F#@$'in break!!!!!!

Old 05-26-2004, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I can't get a F#@$'in break!!!!!!

This thread is exactly what anti-boaters like to read! F- them. We all have had our share of heartaches over our boats. I think that for me, its even worse when you have to let someone else wrench on something you own,because you have time constaints, and the person you paid to do the work, does such a shoddy job that you have to go behind them and straighten out their mess. And if you ***** about it, they look at you like your the one being anal. For What !! Expecting someone to take a little pride in their work? God Forbid ! Needless to say, I have alot of things laying around my house waiting for ME to fix them. Thats the bad part. But, as an example to those of you out there who get frustrated from time to time with breakdowns and such, I share this little story with you as well, to let you know that you are not alone. l
Last year, I broke open my piggy bank, and had just enough money to put in a fresh 454 into my boat. Boy was I happy. Life was good. One weekend, after about 10 hours on the motor,I was cruisin back to the marina after a great weekend on the water, and yup, **** happened. The motor started to cough, and then died.It would not re-start. I opened up the hatch, and all I see is vanilla milkshake everywhere, and I mean everywhere!. Before my friends could even get a look inside, I closed the hatch, opened up a beer,sat down, and felt like I wanted to cry. Nobody said a word to me, they could see it all over my face, and to add insult, I had to get towed into the marina the last 100 yards by a jet ski !! Oh, what happened you ask? Well let me tell you. When i put the motor back together , I re-used the stock intake manifold,(iron) till I could pony up for a better one. Big mistake. With all the new hardware, i.e water crossovers, etc, water pressure was up, and right at the base of the thermostat housing, was enough corrosion to punch a hole through the manifold and fill my motor up with refreshing ,cold ,sparkling water . I should have probably seeked some therapy for that one! I hope that story saves just one motor somewhere from what happened to mine.
Anyways, You do what you gotta do, as we all do !! If boating was so easy, then every joker we know would own one. And I'm sure we all have friends we would rather not see out on the water. It is what separates us from them. And for all the heartaches we go through, there is no better feeling for me personally then firing up that motor,or motors if you are so blessed, in your freshly waxed ride,on a beautiful sunny day, and idling away from the marina,while the jokers just watch, listening to your motors just begging you to let them wind on up so you can listen to those pipes sing ,leaving the rest of the world behind for a while, as you go out searching others like yourself, cuz they understand !!
Old 05-27-2004, 08:28 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I can't get a F#@$'in break!!!!!!

Originally Posted by GLH
I love it when these old timers post, they emanate wisdom with their centuries of experience!

How's the Bucket running? Give us some numbers Wes and are you doing the NYC run?
Old Timers ???

As I remember , there's a lot more gray hair on one Vermont guy's head than this ole boy !

The resin bucket splashes this weekend...I'll keep you posted.

NYC ??? Probably not. Family obligations that weekend but ya never know where I might hitch a ride !!