Another irresponsible boater video >

Another irresponsible boater video

Notices

Another irresponsible boater video

Old 04-24-2014, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
I think he slipped the lanyard on at the beginning of the vid.
Right, missed it first time. Definitely a must at that speed.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Judging by the amount of open eyes I'm seeing, I don't think he hit 95. Still, too many people unsecured with no life jackets anywhere.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Not very smart at all....especially with young kids aboard.....when my kids were younger I never broke 50mph.....now even though they are older I don't push it.....if anyone got hurt on my boat it would be a tuff pill to swollow especially if it was my fault...I have seen much worse
Old 04-24-2014, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

He was throttling it like the guy in the LOTO Fountain video
Old 04-24-2014, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by low_psi
While I agree with your statement of wearing a lanyard, and doesn't appear to be drinking.... Would you allow a small child to ride without a jacket and another child to stand in between the dash pods like that while at speeds upwards of 100? I know I would not..... I, myself, would not be running those speeds with younger kids period, especially in the back, behind me where I wouldn't be able to see if they were alright, had been ejected, or were screaming for dear life. It appeared they were all having a good time, don't get me wrong. The driver even told the kids behind him to tap him on the shoulder if they wanted him to slow down. My problem with that is at close to 100 MPH, I am not sure one of those kids would have been able to reach up and get to him had there been an emergency or if they simply wanted him to slow down. I realize people make bad decisions all the time, I have made my fair share. However, I learn from my errors and think much more now as I grow older.
Should the kids have life jackets yes....I think they are older than they appear. Captain does not drive stupid, or wreck less. Do I think this video deserves a separate thread calling him irresponsible and going viral hell no....just my two pennies....
Old 04-24-2014, 06:55 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Pretty sure if everyone put up a video of themselves running, we could pick it apart too.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Pretty sure if everyone put up a video of themselves running, we could pick it apart too.
best reply yet.....
Old 04-24-2014, 07:13 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
Should the kids have life jackets yes....I think they are older than they appear. Captain does not drive stupid, or wreck less. Do I think this video deserves a separate thread calling him irresponsible and going viral hell no....just my two pennies....
Totally agree... This thread should be deleted. Most kids won't put a life jacket on unless you tell them to, so that would have been a good idea, but, he's wearing a lanyard, and he's not doing ANYTHING with that boat that it can't capably handle. That Donzi hull was loving that water and speed. Also, I think it's important to point out that he's running that boat hard (safely) in an area where there didn't appear to be a whole lot of other boating traffic... NOT with Poker Runners 20 feet off his starboard and port sides. JMO
Old 04-24-2014, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

so you guys are making comments on a video that you really did not watch all the way,,right?

if you did watch it you would have seen the driver put on his safety line from 10-35 seconds,shows him wearing it again at 4 minute mark as well as 6.35 minute mark,

at around 45 seconds he accelerates and then cuts back and tells his passengers they are going to go fast and if anybody gets nervous to tap him on the shoulder,

he is working the throttles and is not been a show off and blasting through the waves,,,keeps checking on his passengers,,nobody is walking around and everybody is holding on ,,

he does not look like he even hit 70 mph,,maybe around the 6 minute mark for a few seconds,,

so let me ask you ,,are you bored? is that the reason you started this thread?
Old 04-24-2014, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Great looking kids. That boy in front was really having fun. They definitely need vests and proper seats. You won't pick a video apart of me running my boat. Not something like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.