Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Another irresponsible boater video >

Another irresponsible boater video

Notices

Another irresponsible boater video

Old 04-24-2014, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The guys jumping my ass, well we all have our own opinion. I see anyone standing In between dash pods (it even appears there are steps there that the kid keeps stepping down and then back up on) at speed dangerous. Adults that do so, should understand the danger of doing so. As well as the dangers of running at speed standing up holding a grab rail and not wearing jackets. So as an adult I say that's your choice. While I think any adult running at speeds 70+ should have a jacket on, I am not one to say it isn't their choice, because it is. However, kids don't understand the full danger. Therefore it is the responsibility of the adults aboard to protect the kids from the dangers they don't know of. As far as the gun control crack. That's just a stupid comment. Seriously I get tired of everyone trying to pull their political BS into any conversation they can. So if I suggest the kids should have jackets on I am against guns and for obamacare? Come on. As far as being bored? Yeah I said I was sitting at work bored, it's in the first damn post. I watched the video because I was bored. As far as the speed at which the boat is traveling..... I was simply stating the speed because that's what it said in the title of the video. Never did I say based on what I saw they were running at "xx" speed. I also never said anything stating the driver was driving erratic, dangerous, to fast for the conditions, near other boats, etc.

I certainly don't know the number... But I ask this question anyway. How many children under the age of 16 die every year in boating related accidents due to not wearing a PFD? If the answer is more than zero, than that's too many!

Last edited by low_psi; 04-24-2014 at 10:02 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

I watched the video again and my conclusion is that there's no half naked skanks on the boat. Useless thread.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wish I could sit at work bored !
Old 04-24-2014, 10:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 12meter joe
I watched the video again and my conclusion is that there's no half naked skanks on the boat. Useless thread.
Fair enough....
Old 04-24-2014, 10:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hadleycat
Wish I could sit at work bored !
One night a week, Thursdays (tonight) I have to stay at the office until 7:00 PM, waiting for the phone to ring. Which it never does...... It kind of sucks......
Old 04-24-2014, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by low_psi
The guys jumping my ass, well we all have our own opinion. I see anyone standing In between dash pods (it even appears there are steps there that the kid keeps stepping down and then back up on) at speed dangerous. Adults that do so, should understand the danger of doing so. As well as the dangers of running at speed standing up holding a grab rail and not wearing jackets. So as an adult I say that's your choice. While I think any adult running at speeds 70+ should have a jacket on, I am not one to say it isn't their choice, because it is. However, kids don't understand the full danger. Therefore it is the responsibility of the adults aboard to protect the kids from the dangers they don't know of. As far as the gun control crack. That's just a stupid comment. Seriously I get tired of everyone trying to pull their political BS into any conversation they can. So if I suggest the kids should have jackets on I am against guns and for obamacare? Come on. As far as being bored? Yeah I said I was sitting at work bored, it's in the first damn post. I watched the video because I was bored. As far as the speed at which the boat is traveling..... I was simply stating the speed because that's what it said in the title of the video. Never did I say based on what I saw they were running at "xx" speed. I also never said anything stating the driver was driving erratic, dangerous, to fast for the conditions, near other boats, etc.

I certainly don't know the number... But I ask this question anyway. How many children under the age of 16 die every year in boating related accidents due to not wearing a PFD? If the answer is more than zero, than that's too many!

http://www.americanboating.org/boating_fatality.asp
Old 04-24-2014, 10:34 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

Least its trending in the right direction
Old 04-24-2014, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by inspector747
Without knowing if this is a twin engine (but by the size of the boat I am assuming it is) all it would take for an accident is for a gimble to break and that boat goes sideways. Stryker 28 crashed from that problem on lake Washington and killed the driver. just my $.02
You can tell from the rooster tail it is a staggard twin boat....I am guessing 38+
Old 04-24-2014, 10:57 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't see no real harm here. Doubt they were going the speeds mentioned in the vid. We all have done it or something in this nature. C'mon no slaying issue here IMO.

John jr
Old 04-24-2014, 11:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

That guy is good on the sticks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.