Old 04-26-2014, 10:18 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,831 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by BenPerfected
When did OSO start?
Originally Posted by Mitch
1999 in California .
Yep. It was more of a chat room until late 2000.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:19 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TomFTM
Still here. Lurked for about a year before I joined. Check site almost everyday still . there has definitely been a change in the quality of the posts, not for the better.
Tom.....as we get older, the newbie's look foolish and cocky and post that way. I'm sure we were the same back when.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:37 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

And a few posts up we have a wonderful example of the change around here that people mention. I havent been here all that long , but when I got here, things were fun, people were breaking each others ball. Now it seems like people are sitting behind keyboards, frothing at the mouth waiting for the chance to kick someone in the balls.How OSO went from rolling around in trash cans to dick swinging sword fights is beyond me. This boating stuff is supposed to be fun, a fraternity of drunken jackasses that liket to go fast. 90% of us aren't ballers, we work hard to make a few bucks, pour that into resin buckets, blood sweat and tears to have fun.

We earn our stripes with fiberglass itch and busted knuckles just so we can go out, run 70 catch some air and try to break stuff. When we tie up, the booze flows, the stories start..."I was doing 80 when I hit this wave and got so much much air that Im getting fined by the FAA" To which you friend replies "Dude, your boats so slow, the only way your going that fast is if Im towing you behind my boat"

It supposed to be fun, this is our lively hood.This is about boats and the lifestyle, this isn't UFCOnly.com. I can't really talk about maturity, hell since Stecz is gone, I've pretty much taken over as class clown, but when your out...Do you like partying with the fun drunks or the bitter, angry, try to start a fight with anybody azzholes???

We are here to have fun, help one another and enjoy and share our passion for resin buckets. If your a bitter, pissed off, dick swinging azzhole, go to the PBN and phuck with Darr, he likes it.

Last edited by phragle; 04-27-2014 at 06:39 AM.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Level III Chaos
Man oh man folk gave you some $hit back in the day!!! Didn't know you were back. Hope all is well!

Oh yeah.. it sure was entertaining lol I am always around but don't post much. All is good.. house,married, baby, same boat 12 yrs goin strong.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:46 AM
Banned

See ya KidApache.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mountainmadness
Oh yeah.. it sure was entertaining lol I am always around but don't post much. All is good.. house,married, baby, same boat 12 yrs goin strong.
Great to hear! Congrats!
Old 04-27-2014, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Level III Chaos
See ya KidApache.
no more kidapache,im sure he will be missed!
Old 04-27-2014, 01:14 PM
Registered

Joined in 2001 originally, stayed away til 2004 when rejoined and here since. Jumping between four boating sites that leaves me limited time spending at all of them. Wasting most of the time over at Riverdavesplace,lol. Time flies like crazy when having fun, hopefully I'll be still boating ten years from now when I'll be 77 or be traveling in a MOHO.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Notice that the people who are screwing up this nostalgia thread are members 2008 or later. You can't even have a nostalgia thread without these newbies screwing it up. For those who are still in high school, or are in a state of arrested development, "Old School" means OLD! It didn't say "Piss and Vinegar Members". I can't believe we have people here issuing childish physical threats. I think we need to petition the moderators to create a "Kiddie" section for these new members, and after proving they have reached adulthood, they can move into the main forums.

Michael
Old 04-27-2014, 02:07 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think there are about the same ratio of Azzhats around here as the always were. Late winter early spring is when it always got the craziest. Then there are the ones that everyone liked only to find out they were also Azzhats. I wonder if they are lurkers now, or new members? I hear a few of them got out of prison.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.