Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Outerlimits Sets New V-Bottom Kilo Record—And Coming Back Tomorrow >

Outerlimits Sets New V-Bottom Kilo Record—And Coming Back Tomorrow

Notices

Outerlimits Sets New V-Bottom Kilo Record—And Coming Back Tomorrow

Old 04-28-2014, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

Wow! Incredible stuff!! Congrats to all involved.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
From the piks I saw this morning (which didnt say what speed they were running at the time)... If it was at speed (and not to beak bash, just an observation) THe OL looked a lot more planted and in control than the fountain.All I am sure of is that it takes a major set of brass testicles to run a V that hard.......
Great observation from a picture.....Really?? So planted and in control they had to let off it lol

I still think it is great, but stop the madness. There is no v-hull in the world that is planted and in control at 180 mph
Old 04-28-2014, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Team Outerlimits

The Fountain was powered by Twin 1500hp Sterlings that had PSI blowers and carbs that ran on 116 octane race fuel. " Congratulations " to Outerlimits its a incredible accomplishment to run those kinds of speeds in a V-Bottom. Hopefully today they can run even faster. Go get them TEAM OL and be safe out there...
Old 04-28-2014, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Way to go!! Congrats, on the new record! Good luck tomorrow and be safe!!
Old 04-28-2014, 10:38 AM
Registered

I have seen this boat around town many times and never realized how fast it was; that's awesome.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

congrats on a safe run....I would like to see the video but then low_psi will start a irresponsible boater thread showing they only had life jackets, paramedics, divers, lanyards, ect ect...trying to break the record with a broken prop...lol
Old 04-28-2014, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Holy Balls! Thats gettin it! Bad Ass!!
Old 04-28-2014, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

That's Impressive, Congrats to all involved. I would have considered attending had OL made the record attempt public knowledge.

A broken record is a broken record fair & square but when you are talking manufacturers I think it holds more relevancy & gives one greater bragging rights when the previous record holder is also active. It's not OL's fault that the Fountain Powerboats we all knew no longer exists but by the same token personally I would have been more impressed if OL broke the record within a few months even a year of Fountain setting it way back when.

I'm not discrediting today's broken record by any means just prefer true heads up competition over competition that occurs in different eras. I say this as a guy who would have liked to seen Tyson fight Ali or Foreman etc. I assure you the same will be said about Jimmie Johnson when he ties & eventually breaks Dale Earnhardt & Richard Petty's current record of 7 Championships.

Don't be a hater I'm simply stating I would have loved to seen more head to head competition for this record which IMHO has been way more than about a Vee record & way more about boat manufacturer bragging rights..

PS- if you want to know how much H.P. the Fountain had why not ask Brian Forehand he was a part of the Fountain effort??? Today he races an OL so I'm sure he was a major contributing factor in this record breaking event.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Congrats OL and team on your success!
Old 04-28-2014, 11:05 AM
Registered

Default Outerlimits breaks record.....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]522708[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]522709[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails -olkilo1.jpg   -olkilo2.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.