Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   thinking about moving to Miami (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/31159-thinking-about-moving-miami.html)

BatGirl 08-19-2002 05:20 AM

Puder If you are good at what you do and have knowledge, there is plenty of jobs here in both the marine and internet biz.
As a matter of fact I think SO. Fla, leads in both, but you better be sharp!;)
Living here is great, I gave up freezing my A$$ off in NY awhile ago.
Come down and join the fun.:D
BG XO

puder 08-19-2002 11:24 AM

damn skippy i couagth that one stinson!!!

FYI i missed the manhasset poker run. I will be at the glen cove poker run thats actuallytake place in the town i live in. I blew up the tranny on my truck on my way home from virginia and after a 13 hours drive i wasn't goign to wake up at 7am after 3 hours of sleep. I love boats but i needed some sleep!!!

BatGirl, when are you racing your bat boat again???? Gotta love it when the ladies come to race!!!!

I actually fell in love the other day yeah she must have been about 50 but it was cool because she was driving a spankinnew ferrari 456 :D

Like i said ladies and fast cars/boat :D

Iggy 08-19-2002 12:36 PM

Take you time and seriously think about it.
Do what georges said, try it for a wile before you move permenenlty. And speaking spanish would defenitely be a big plus if you plan on living in Miami (I'd never live there), or anywhere else for that matter.

Mike Merola,
We did exactly that, left Beachwood for sunny skies and a fresh start. Got tired of the B.S, pollution, hospital trash washing up on the beach, red tide, Ciba-Giegy and cacer, conaminated well water, etc. We were running for our lives.

Now we're tired of this place. Orlando/ Kissimmee is not where we want to be anymore. Tired of the heavy tourisim.
We thought Seaside Heights/Park was crowded in the summer, this place does tripple the volume 27/7/365.
It's getting hard just to drive to work. What used to take me 15min to drive now takes 40 and all I travel is 12 miles.
Lately we've been seroiusly thinking about moving back to Toms River/Beachwood or maybe the west coast of FL. We'll see.

puder 08-19-2002 03:20 PM

lauderdale is much higher on the list than miami. I speak some spanish and if i was around it i would remmber some more hell i took spanish for 6 years.

NASTY HABIT 08-19-2002 03:25 PM

Hola mi amigo , que es su programming talente ?? i never took spanish :)

pm your # .....

Dean Ferry 08-19-2002 03:36 PM

Iggy,
That's one of MANY reasons that we live on M.I.! I live 40 miles from work and it takes me about 45 minutes to drive! Nice, quiet, easy living!
MD

tanned fat looks better 08-19-2002 05:41 PM

Puder,

There is a Manatee farm in Homestead that needs a director.

BAJA WILL 08-19-2002 06:27 PM

Puder,

I am making the jump in 10 days. I am currently looking for a place to live in FT Myers or Coral Gables. I accepted a offer with a consulting firm. Hey , you only live once and you can always move back. I am 26, single and staying warm this winter in FL:p

WILL

puder 08-20-2002 03:06 PM

tanned fat, You got thier number. A friend i used to dive with in Belize used to "fish" for manatees in the 70s before it was illegal Says thier damn tasety.

27 fountain, when i get down there i'll race you in the 24' beaker :D

DyD 08-20-2002 03:21 PM

puder, Lauderdale is great. I have lived here since '86 and if you love boats, which I think you do as a member of this forum, you will love it. Good jobs in both the marine industry as well as computers. Good luck.