Outerlimits Sets SV Single Kilo Record

Notices

Outerlimits Sets SV Single Kilo Record

Old 05-11-2014, 12:32 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by E Colby
Matt only relayed the information initially given to him. He is not immersed in the sport the way I was when I was the Editor at Powerboat and traveled to the races every weekend. To expect him to know the class breakdowns for every organization (especially when they change the classes to keep owners of outdated equipment happy) is unrealistic. That's why it was pathetic to attack him. You criticize modern-day journalists, but you readers all want the information the second something happens. The rush to get the news out first, something SpeedonTheWater.com excels at, will sometimes lead to details needing to be altered after the initial release of the information.
Don't you mean keep the classes as they are to keep people with out dated equipment happy? I was going to ask you what happened to my subscription to powerboat mag but it was also out dated. Any way though this thread is not about this, Congratulations to a 180 mph run !! that said SVL is a spec class and has always been very competitive. The team that set the new SVL? no SV 29? no Single V? or what ever, has not only marred the Outerlimits reputation they also did the same to Fountain with that SVL which I would dare to say has more disqualifications then any team out there. the class is required to run 525's so if it's to be SVL record then play by the rules. APBA and all involved tainted their accomplishment by being sneaky. Period. Louie

PS Matt Trulio an awesome guy and I'm sure he is well aware of the adage about killing the messenger lol.

Last edited by louietherigger; 05-11-2014 at 12:37 PM.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

and people wonder why boat racing cannot go to the next level.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Cevert
...and how did everyone think that? Simple, we were all following Matt Trulio's coverage and his threads that relied on him being debriefed by the team making the run. Then Matt apparently searched the APBA site to look up past SVL kilo records and then he wrote about them. Then it all hit the fan, causing him to wait for direct confirmation from Mark Wheeler at APBA before issuing the correction and apology.
If you for one second think that anyone that has even loosely followed SVL for the last couple years, that has seen Team DOCtor the rules, cut off boats, cut coarses, buzz docks, run alum flywheels, refuse tech inspection when called out, etc, etc, etc and otherwise make a mockery of boat racing, svl, fountain and now outerlimits.... If you think for one second ANYONE is going to believe Matt simply made a mistake and was not being munipulated by TEAM spinDOCtor into implying that this was an SVL record, you need to put down the koolaid and seek help.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:34 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Interesting.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
If you think for one second ANYONE is going to believe Matt simply made a mistake and was not being munipulated by TEAM spinDOCtor into implying that this was an SVL record, you need to put down the koolaid and seek help.
I wasn't at the kilo site so I don't know what was said but I do know Matt Trulio wasn't the only one to state the SVL kilo record was broken. Rick Mackie of Mercury Racing wrote it in his blog that day & he was talking to folks there. He's since corrected it, but it reflects what Eric Colby said

Originally Posted by E Colby
Matt only relayed the information initially given to him. He is not immersed in the sport the way I was when I was the Editor at Powerboat and traveled to the races every weekend. To expect him to know the class breakdowns for every organization (especially when they change the classes to keep owners of outdated equipment happy) is unrealistic.
...and I do think Rick Mackie knows his class breakdowns, he's only been at it for nearly a quarter century!
Clearly there were 'talking points' that were used, how else do these reputable folks get so far off track?
Old 05-11-2014, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Cevert
I wasn't at the kilo site so I don't know what was said but I do know Matt Trulio wasn't the only one to state the SVL kilo record was broken. Rick Mackie of Mercury Racing wrote it in his blog that day & he was talking to folks there. He's since corrected it, but it reflects what Eric Colby said

...and I do think Rick Mackie knows his class breakdowns, he's only been at it for nearly a quarter century!
Clearly there were 'talking points' that were used, how else do these reputable folks get so far off track?
I have no doubts Doc told them that was what he was setting out to do, break the SVL record...the part about not having a legal boat and the proper permissions to do it...those were just pesky technicalities...
Old 05-11-2014, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

It's kinda interesting why The Doc or The Throttleman or Crew or Builder haven't been on here to enlighten us on what went down.. The Big boat setting the record was awesome and had no limits. But to claim your other boat Fit(or did people just assume) fit ??? Class rules was just steppin on their own meat. I think they got away with so much/So Long that they thought this would be okay. Very Interesting (and kind of Comical )
Old 05-11-2014, 08:12 PM
Registered

I ef en love the internet!
Old 05-13-2014, 11:18 AM
Racer
Racer

News Flash!!! Team Typhoon breaks 108 mph with Mercury Sealed 525 completely legal boat!!!

PS I was pulling it with my hemi pick up down hill. Does this count?
Old 05-13-2014, 11:30 AM
Registered

C'mon, we all know Mopars aren't THAT fast

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.