Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Outerlimits Sets SV Single Kilo Record >

Outerlimits Sets SV Single Kilo Record

Notices

Outerlimits Sets SV Single Kilo Record

Old 04-30-2014, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

Just for the record Matt, my post wasn't referring to you.

Last edited by Wildman_grafix; 04-30-2014 at 03:32 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:28 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Matt, please change the title of the article too. It still reads "Outerlimits Sets Super Vee-Class Kilo Record" which is an incorrect statement.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:37 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,758 Likes on 1,242 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron P
Matt, please change the title of the article too. It still reads "Outerlimits Sets Super Vee-Class Kilo Record" which is an incorrect statement.
Ron,

I will change it when I have the correct nomenclature from APBA, which I am still waiting on. Your initial statement of what APBA was calling it was incorrect. Rather than correct it twice, I am going to wait. But thanks for the suggestion.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:31 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron P
I just spoke to Mark Wheeler at APBA. This is NOT a SVL record. He knows the boat was not legal for the APBA/OPA SVL class. The record will be under special events and the class will be called MODIFIED Super Vee Lite. It is NOT an offshore SVL record.
So still as of today there is no class name for the speed run of the 29 OL ?

I would think with the amount of money that was paid to do this event that they would leave it up to the boat owner to decide what name he wants to call the new dedicated class...

Ron,
Was it Wheeler that came up with the "Modified SVL" name or was that a suggestion by OPA?

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 04-30-2014, 09:04 PM
Registered

Looks like OPA should really concentrate their energy on trying to put togather a better racing event. The people in Biloxi don't sound like they were impressed. I think you will have a hard time impressing fans at LOTO when most of them have pleasure boats faster then the OPA dinosaur fleet not to mention they seem to have trouble staying out of jail when there is a bar in town. http://smnewsnet.com/archives/79557

Last edited by Earthwerks; 04-30-2014 at 09:07 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats to outerlimits! All the rest of this is bs and a waist of time
Old 04-30-2014, 10:06 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES
Ron,
Was it Wheeler that came up with the "Modified SVL" name or was that a suggestion by OPA?
Originally Mr Wheeler said they would call it Modified Super Vee Lite. It was then suggested by OPA that since this was not an offshore record, the name should not use a name that might confuse the audience or in anyway take away from the existing record holder. We suggested that APBA avoid using names that include the words SUPER and LITE. We suggested they call it class 5a and 5b or 29' Outerlimits with Canopy Class.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:26 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a better idea. Don't give them a record if the boat is not legal for a current class. I am still wondering why sbi has not inspected the engine or seem to care about boats jumping the start
Old 04-30-2014, 10:37 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

For a team that follows the rule book to a T. How did the f up this kilo run so bad? The rules are pretty clear in the apba rule book. Must be some of that prepare to fail Karma. Dam rule books!!! And the people that read them.

Last edited by Aqua Banshee; 04-30-2014 at 10:44 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Matt who was that guy that prepared, and organized for the kilo run? I forgot, but I think you wrote a story about it. Maybe APBA will send him a free copy of there book with the rules in it. The APBA guys might need a refresher course also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.