Outerlimits Sets SV Single Kilo Record >

Outerlimits Sets SV Single Kilo Record

Notices

Outerlimits Sets SV Single Kilo Record

Old 05-01-2014, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Aqua Banshee
Hey Matt who was that guy that prepared, and organized for the kilo run? I forgot, but I think you wrote a story about it. Maybe APBA will send him a free copy of there book with the rules in it. The APBA guys might need a refresher course also.
You wanna attack APBA fine, but going after the guy who reported the story is pathetic.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by E Colby
You wanna attack APBA fine, but going after the guy who reported the story is pathetic.
What part? The miss information, having to rename the record, or the retraction He did even get the current svl record holder right.

But I will stop. Matt did step and admit there were some changes needed.

I will even give congrats to the 180 mph run. I would say it has more in it yet.

Last edited by Aqua Banshee; 05-01-2014 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:17 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by E Colby
yea...even if he likes Lattes and watches Bill Maher )) Matt tells it the way it is ..friends or no friends. no one escapes the real story.

Seriously, someone might call Greenpeace about this dead fish... sacrificed for a gas guzzling boat racing event. ??
Old 05-01-2014, 03:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Aqua Banshee
What part? The miss information, having to rename the record, or the retraction He did even get the current svl record holder right.

But I will stop. Matt did step and admit there were some changes needed.

I will even give congrats to the 180 mph run. I would say it has more in it yet.
Matt only relayed the information initially given to him. He is not immersed in the sport the way I was when I was the Editor at Powerboat and traveled to the races every weekend. To expect him to know the class breakdowns for every organization (especially when they change the classes to keep owners of outdated equipment happy) is unrealistic. That's why it was pathetic to attack him. You criticize modern-day journalists, but you readers all want the information the second something happens. The rush to get the news out first, something SpeedonTheWater.com excels at, will sometimes lead to details needing to be altered after the initial release of the information.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
First and foremost, Doc Jansen is one of the most professional people I have ever met. Brian F. is one of the most talented and intelligent racer I have had the privledge to associate with. Outerlimits has put out a fine technologically advanced boat. However, with this record being certified by APBA, how can it stand with the APBA rulebook specifically stating:the boat must weigh 5250 with a sealed Mercury 525 EFI with no modified ECU. (Here is the link to APBA rules:http://www.apba.org/sites/all/files/...Offshore_0.pdf and it starts on Page 70) Were other teams invited to this event?

I do not agree with the rules in the APBA rulebook hence the reason for me taking my SVL and racing in a bracket(not where I want to be, I want to be in spec), It has been proven time and time again Mercury seals are plentiful and easily obtainable and without any kind of technical verification(tech verification is not offered at this time), seals are a joke. I refuse to pay $12,000 to Mercury for $200.00 worth of seals. Steve Miklos' record in no shape or form could have been broken as Steve was in full compliance to the rules and this speed is nothing more than a "Shootout" speed and if APBA has any kind of merit, Steve's record should stand until all of the tech rules are followed and verified. Time and time again offshore makes improvement by 2 steps, but then we wonder why we are where we are cause for every 2 steps forward, we take 10 steps backwards....

The above being said, congrats to the Snowy Mountain team for obtaining the speeds that were recorded. OL once again puts out a fine product, now go out and follow the rules in the APBA rulebook and see what speeds can truly be obtained
what does that mean!!
Old 05-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,794 Likes on 1,261 Posts

Gentlemen,

Had I fully understood that records established in an APBA "Special Event Kilo" cannot break records established in an APBA "Offshore Kilo" I would have avoided all the errors I made. In seeking to classify the record as no definitive classification was given to me during the event, I tried to find it myself through APBA's records. I learned that exercise is fraught with peril.

Thanks to Aqua Banshee, I also learned a new word: Amanuensis, meaning (from dictionary.com) "a literary or artistic assistant, in particular one who takes dictation or copies manuscripts." So thanks for that, Aqua.

Please understand that these errors, and while I believe there were only two they were significant factual missteps, were made without malice. Again, I apologize for the errors and (really do) regret any confusion or hard feelings they may have caused.

Last edited by Matt Trulio; 05-01-2014 at 05:26 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:22 PM
Registered

...... the boat still runs 100mph.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

So they sent a cheater to the dance, who gives a fock. The boat ran what it ran, impressive for a single engine boat, end of it.
APBA double talk set aside.

The 180 run is due credit, that speed in a vee bottom boat is something to crow about.
Thing here that gets my attention is that few seem to give a chit. Guess that ten years later, much added horsepower, just has not made this the big deal it might have been back in the day.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 05-01-2014 at 05:46 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:50 PM
Registered

Matt - It's not easy to report on things quickly, while also providing exhaustive research at the same time. Digital formats have allowed reporting of events in real time, and as a result, errors can happen. I'd prefer to hear the news in real-time, and risk occasional inaccuracies, that are always caught and corrected, sooner or later, rather than read a magazine months later. Kudos for always striving to report events as they happen.

The big news of the week was the 180mph record-setting kilo...possibly the biggest accomplishment this year, comparable to My-Way's LOTO run last year.

Congrats to OL for the new record.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
So they sent a cheater to the dance, who gives a fock. The boat ran what it ran, impressive for a single engine boat, end of it.
APBA double talk set aside.

The 180 run is due credit, that speed in a vee bottom boat is something to crow about.
Thing here that gets my attention is that few seem to give a chit. Guess that ten years later, much added horsepower, just has not made this the big deal it might have been back in the day.
How is it much added horsepower? It's well known that the Sterling 1500s or 1550s in the Rio Roses were tuned on kill and they might have been making more horsepower than the 1650s in the Outerlimits. I realize that 10 years of technology probably put the power in a more advantageous spot in the curve for the Outerlimits, but the actual power difference is minimal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.