Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

b itches be like........
Old 05-01-2014, 04:24 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Don Johnson

New build price on an 2008 F32 big HP/6 drive and well optioned had to be over $500k
Excuse my language but that is focking insane. I have seen a build sheet for a 368 Skater with big hp/6s and it wasn't much different. I think DCB has the nicest interiors in the biz but to be priced the same as a 4' bigger(and better performing) Skater just defies logic.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by daddy
says the guy who has had a skater for sale since 08.... just my $.02.
What does Nascats post have anything to do with his Skater being for sale? And since 08? Damn you funny guy! Lol

Last edited by precisiondetails; 05-01-2014 at 05:20 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by daddy
Funny how you discredit other manufacture sales, but you can't give your skater away for pennies on the dollar. FACT, proven by your boat - 6 years on the market
It hasn't been on the market for 6 years you Goof!!
Old 05-01-2014, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is a combination of things as I see it. Back in 2008 I think DCB was setting the bar very high for detail and style. Billet everything, totally custom trailer, custom interior including a finished cabin, big stereo, bling bling bling and the best of the best components. Fast forward to current I believe Skater, MTI and others are on par or surpassed in many respects. and the price has come up respectively. What does a fully optioned 368 Skater with big power and 6's cost today, I speculate well North of $600k
Old 05-01-2014, 06:02 PM
Registered

One other thought...

DCB vacuum bag construction and top tier composites
Skater vacuum bag construction and top tier composites.
Cost of a mold probably the same
Cost to rig and build probably more expensive in So Cal compared to Michigan, labor and air quality emissions

What makes a Skater any more, or less costly to build? Yea pound for pound a Skater may perform better, slightly, but at the end of the day top of the line anything costs big dollars and I don't think DCB or Skater has a silver bullet or top secret methods to manufacture a boat significantly cheaper by comparisons.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:33 PM
Registered

I see what your saying about costs are costs. But a Skater being slightly better performing that's just crazy. Remember a DCB has a training wheel, no comparison!! Skaters are race proven!
Old 05-01-2014, 06:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
I see what your saying about costs are costs. But a Skater being slightly better performing that's just crazy. Remember a DCB has a training wheel, no comparison!! Skaters are race proven!
I have raced many boats to include Super Cat way back and have experience in both DCB's and Skater. You saying a DCB has training wheels is classic. Yes, a full tunnel, non center pod boat, certainly has its advantages in big stuff. In the So Cal/Arizona inland lakes that many West Coast peeps frequent there is little advantage I would give to a Skater. There are few days one could have fun in the Pacific Ocean in a cat period, regardless of brand and size. It is a rare day the swells are under 5 foot, big blue in the West is v hull territory.....That leaves inland waterways which are usually pretty calm conditions.

Have you driven an F32 DCB? No porpoise at any speed and turns like it is on rails at all speeds and will crush 2-3 foot chop but would not want to be in anything bigger. I have driven 36 Skaters and they are a sloppy boat 80-100 MPH and porpoise but will crush 2-3 and bigger. I say both designs have their advantages and disadvantages.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why don't they go battle the Skaters and MTI's in Superboat? Always wondered why they don't race em.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:06 PM
Registered

DCB's were never designed or intended to run in big, sloppy water. They do exactly what they were designed to do and do that very well, run inland water. I have been in a 36 Skater in the Pacific, it is no fun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.