Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
DCB's...  why ya all selling?? >

DCB's... why ya all selling??

Notices

DCB's... why ya all selling??

Old 05-01-2014, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

on a side note, nascat's skater is stillllll for sale.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:02 PM
Registered

You cant argue with a guy that owns a dcb..they drank to much kool aid and they are die hard to there brand......
Old 05-01-2014, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by daddy
Are you a real idiot & a dick, or are you just already drunk down there in the swamp getting ready for Tickfaw and drunk posting? Lmao... I really hope you are drunk
Old 05-01-2014, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by daddy
Your attempt at knock him is terrible.

But I am sure you feel tough and are smiling about your corny post.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:16 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Don Johnson
I have raced many boats to include Super Cat way back and have experience in both DCB's and Skater. You saying a DCB has training wheels is classic. Yes, a full tunnel, non center pod boat, certainly has its advantages in big stuff. In the So Cal/Arizona inland lakes that many West Coast peeps frequent there is little advantage I would give to a Skater. There are few days one could have fun in the Pacific Ocean in a cat period, regardless of brand and size. It is a rare day the swells are under 5 foot, big blue in the West is v hull territory.....That leaves inland waterways which are usually pretty calm conditions.

Have you driven an F32 DCB? No porpoise at any speed and turns like it is on rails at all speeds and will crush 2-3 foot chop but would not want to be in anything bigger. I have driven 36 Skaters and they are a sloppy boat 80-100 MPH and porpoise but will crush 2-3 and bigger. I say both designs have their advantages and disadvantages.
At LOTO last year,the 388 skater was 15 mph faster in the mile than a M41-both having 1350 mercs.
The "training wheel" drags and impedes the top end speed.
In November of last year ,we rode up the river at Havasu as 3 DCBs passed us,in my deck boat, and all 3 had a 3rd rooster tail 2.5 feet tall in the center and 8 feet tall on the outer edges.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:27 AM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Don Johnson
Nope, the F series is still in demand with some that don't like how difficult a full windshield boat is to get on and off when beaching....
It's amazing what people's priorities are for a performance boat, not prevent getting blasted by wind at high speed, but beaching.

Michael
Old 05-02-2014, 05:54 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Skaters, MTI's are awesome performance machines. BTW 55 Skaters for sale in the classifieds. If you want to be top dawg, go with one of these. If you enjoy boating on the lake go with the DCB. Nice rigging and ergonomics. More Space for people and items because of the cabin. A place to get out of bad weather in the cabin. We get caught out in Lake Cumberland in showers all the time and it is nice for my wife and kids to be able to get out of the rain. Attention to detail is second to none Eddie Young told me that the rigging and construction of my boat was the nicest he had ever worked on. My boat is 13 years old and not one check or craze line, no creeks or rattles. The DCB's are much heavier than the Skaters. Hledin is a master of building things light and strong. But with the DCB's there is less of a risk of water intrusion into coring as the boat ages. Don't really hear of any DCB's needing to go to the shop to replace their fuel tanks... The training wheels make the boat much more maneuverable and fun at lower speed which most of us who boat on crowded inland lakes contend with. The true tunnels do not feel great until they start packing air which can be a speed which is tough to run at safely with SeaDoos pontoons, etc.. out in full force. The DCB is a fun boat, that is easy to live with, not slow, and built very well. The Skaters and MTI's are the fastest race machines on the planet and can be run on the ocean. I can not afford and don[t want to mess with a boat that needs a tilt trailer or wide load permits and no cabin. DCB owners can enjoy their time on the water and wave to the very few boats that can pass them.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow. what a post. I would be happy to own either. They are both very different but great boats. Can't we just get along, all this arguing is making the children cry. Doug
Old 05-02-2014, 07:01 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=SkiDoc;4115899]Skaters, MTI's are awesome performance machines. BTW 55 Skaters for sale in the classifieds. If you want to be top dawg, go with one of these. If you enjoy boating on the lake go with the DCB. Nice rigging and ergonomics. More Space for people and items because of the cabin. A place to get out of bad weather in the cabin. We get caught out in Lake Cumberland in showers all the time and it is nice for my wife and kids to be able to get out of the rain. Attention to detail is second to none Eddie Young told me that the rigging and construction of my boat was the nicest he had ever worked on. My boat is 13 years old and not one check or craze line, no creeks or rattles. The DCB's are much heavier than the Skaters. Hledin is a master of building things light and strong. But with the DCB's there is less of a risk of water intrusion into coring as the boat ages. Don't really hear of any DCB's needing to go to the shop to replace their fuel tanks... The training wheels make the boat much more maneuverable and fun at lower speed which most of us who boat on crowded inland lakes contend with. The true tunnels do not feel great until they start packing air which can be a speed which is tough to run at safely with SeaDoos pontoons, etc.. out in full force. The DCB is a fun boat, that is easy to live with, not slow, and built very well. The Skaters and MTI's are the fastest race machines on the planet and can be run on the ocean. I can not afford and don[t want to mess with a boat that needs a tilt trailer or wide load permits and no cabin. DCB owners can enjoy their time on the water and wave to the very few boats that can pass them.[/

thats about it in a nutshell
Old 05-02-2014, 07:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
Are you a real idiot & a dick, or are you just already drunk down there in the swamp getting ready for Tickfaw and drunk posting? Lmao... I really hope you are drunk
He,s not from down here in swamp country, thank goodness. He lives in North La. And only wishes he owned a Skater.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.