Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Bad accident at Chicago Air show (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/31189-bad-accident-chicago-air-show.html)

Intolerant1 08-19-2002 12:43 AM

Bad boat accident at Chicago Air show

1 Attachment(s)
We got back to the ramp and got held up because of the emergency. They towed in this older Four Winns which appeared to have been struck head on by a larger vessle. There was a "V" cut right into the boat directly into the drivers seat. Overheard there were no fatalties which is unbelievable if you saw it in person. Pics arent to good but you can see the crushed window frame. It was pretty nuts when the air show ended to say the least. Be safe.

candyman35 08-19-2002 01:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Scary stuff. I guess a small boat sunk over by the Chicago Lock. I was told just the nose was bobbing out of the water. It definitely gets crazy down there. I'm glad you guys got back safe.

On the way back to Alsip I shot a picture of an oops! The kids seen in the picture are stripping the car.:(

Cigwillie 08-19-2002 01:58 AM

Who's the U-boat commander?

Dan:
What'll you bet the kids are the ones who put it there in the first place?:rolleyes: :mad:

CW

Consintracy 08-19-2002 02:08 AM

Holy cow!!!:eek:

Audiofn 08-19-2002 02:14 AM

Note to self. Chicago.... Fun place to visit, bad place to live :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Consintracy 08-19-2002 02:16 AM

Yeah....But, the problem with a small town is, that you'll actually know the person, who messed up by putting their car in that situation AND the people who stole their $hit!!!:D

Back4More 08-19-2002 06:14 AM

Yeah...It was pretty bad right after.

The locks were a whole different story. :rolleyes:

Quiet Storm 08-19-2002 07:36 AM

I passed over Route 83 last night at about 8:30 PM and saw what looked like 100 boats trying to get out at the Alsip boat launch.

Sometimes its just not worth it.

dockrocker 08-19-2002 09:32 AM

It's the same story on the Detroit River and Lake St. Clair after the big Freedom Festival fireworks around the 4th of July. Of course, you have the added joy of 100's of boats running all over the damn place, in restricted waters, at all sorts of speeds, at night. And you can be sure that your night vision is A-OK after watching an hour of fireworks...

You couldn't pay me to go out in a boat on that night - way too many idiots...

RUSSSR1 08-19-2002 09:47 AM

Saturday they must have let all the A-holes out It was unbelivable I had to watch my anchor line more than the air show. First some nut in a big cruser up on his flybridg dredges up my anchor, he must have been drunk at the wheel with sombody who has never touched a boat before trying to work the anchor. Than after pulling up my anchor he bounces off my boat twice. The jerk than drops his hook behind us a good way and never checks to see if it set (NOT) and proceeds to take out a nice looking red Fountain. Someone should have the bat ready for a-holes like that. The show was great though.