Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Biscayne Bay Accident news... >

Biscayne Bay Accident news...

Notices

Biscayne Bay Accident news...

Old 05-06-2014, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sad story for sure, but it amazes me that someone would actually have a boat in gear while people are trying to push. Insane
Old 05-06-2014, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well said! Similar to todays media that would read "AR15 shooting at school"
Old 05-06-2014, 08:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by rfgonzo
Sad story for sure, but it amazes me that someone would actually have a boat in gear while people are trying to push. Insane
According to the article, not only in gear, but at high rpm's as well.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
According to the article, not only in gear, but at high rpm's as well.
One of the cell phone camera videos showed a decent size rooster tail with someone standing at the rear of the boat, right next to the starboard motor.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Cops said there was no evidence of impairment on the guy driving, but even so how can they not charge him with something, like others have said most of us don't even like people in the water if the engines are running in neutral. Clearly he killed this guy. IMO
Old 05-06-2014, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by pstorti
Cops said there was no evidence of impairment on the guy driving, but even so how can they not charge him with something, like others have said most of us don't even like people in the water if the engines are running in neutral. Clearly he killed this guy. IMO
i hate to say it but their is no law against stupidity.i feel bad for the guy who got killed but who in their right mind would get behind a stuck boat with 4 outboard engines running?i cant imagine how the operator of the boat feels.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

I'd have gotten everyone out of the boat to lighten it and everyone lifts and pushes on the stern. If that doesn't work then offer a nearby boat some cash to pull it off. If it's hard grounded then you don't have much choice except to call the pros. Sad story anyway.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
i hate to say it but their is no law against stupidity.i feel bad for the guy who got killed but who in their right mind would get behind a stuck boat with 4 outboard engines running?i cant imagine how the operator of the boat feels.
There has to be some wreckless operation statute or something similar they can charge him with
Old 05-06-2014, 10:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
I'd have gotten everyone out of the boat to lighten it and everyone lifts and pushes on the stern. If that doesn't work then offer a nearby boat some cash to pull it off. If it's hard grounded then you don't have much choice except to call the pros. Sad story anyway.
That boat is 23,000 lbs.....pretty sure lifting it isn't going to happen! Quad OB's would be loud/ sight obstructed from the helm so running them with people back there is definitely dangerous.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pstorti
There has to be some wreckless operation statute or something similar they can charge him with
Lawsuit will be filed before the funeral!

Guy wrecked a Lamborghini last week in Miami (drunk, rear ended a Suburban at over 100 mph). Injured driver of Suburban's family held a press conference from their lawyer's office. Deceased passenger's widow (in Lamborghini) filed suit this week and the driver is her brother in law.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.