Biscayne Bay Accident news... >

Biscayne Bay Accident news...

Notices

Biscayne Bay Accident news...

Old 05-06-2014, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 881 Likes on 478 Posts
Default Biscayne Bay Accident news...

Video shows boat stuck on a sandbar, engines throwing a rooster tail and the guy in the water is pushing from the back.......

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/05/0...boat-when.html

South Florida radio personality DJ Laz , was at the helm of his boat when a man trying to help push it off a sandbar was killed after getting tangled in the motor.

Law enforcement identified the dead man as Ernesto Hernandez, 23, and said he was on another pleasure craft behind Key Biscayne’s old Nixon estate, when he noticed a group trying to push DJ Laz’s 40-foot Hydra Sport open fisherman into deeper water.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:09 AM
Registered

Received 256 Likes on 148 Posts

Saw it happen with a single engine toon a few years ago. Guy lost his grip and went face first into the prop. Sad to hear and see such ignorance.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 41 Likes on 11 Posts

I can't even imagine.... I don't even like people behind my boat running while not in gear. Reaffirms my fears for sure.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Jpzaluski
I can't even imagine.... I don't even like people behind my boat running while not in gear. Reaffirms my fears for sure.
I am with you. I will not even start my boat with anyone within a few feet of my drive. Very sad.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:19 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's wrong with calling Sea Tow..........sad story.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by 314joey
Or one of the dozens of boats that where right there?
Old 05-06-2014, 07:24 AM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

We should all watch how we title our threads… This "quad engine center console" did not kill someone… This was a simple accident that could have just as easily happened along side a 18' single engine boat.. Titles like this bring bad press. How about "Accident kills one"….
Unfortunately, OSO is well populated in the search engines.. What do you think will happen if a insurance underwriter is searching for Quad Engine Center Console….? What if he was working on your insurance estimate…? I see too many threads titled without thought…this isn't the only one.
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 05-06-2014, 07:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 314joey

YOU KNOW WHAT THOSE GUYS CHARGE NON-MEMBERS!

The other "not too bright part of this" is the boat is like 23,000 lbs......you aren't getting that unstuck with a 19 CC with a 150! Sad this kid was just trying to help, wasn't even on the boat!
Old 05-06-2014, 07:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tim G.
We should all watch how we title our threads… This "quad engine center console" did not kill someone… This was a simple accident that could have just as easily happened along side a 18' single engine boat.. Titles like this bring bad press. How about "Accident kills one"….
Unfortunately, OSO is well populated in the search engines.. What do you think will happen if a insurance underwriter is searching for Quad Engine Center Console….? What if he was working on your insurance estimate…? I see too many threads titled without thought…this isn't the only one.

I didn't think of it that way.......Mods feel free to alter the title.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:34 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
YOU KNOW WHAT THOSE GUYS CHARGE NON-MEMBERS!

The other "not too bright part of this" is the boat is like 23,000 lbs......you aren't getting that unstuck with a 19 CC with a 150! Sad this kid was just trying to help, wasn't even on the boat!

I was going to say, "what idiot doesn't have Sea Tow" then I realized the owner let some guy get next to his motors, so he's proved he's not very bright to begin with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.