Notices

Lake Cumberland

Old 05-06-2014, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lake Cumberland

Press Release

April 23rd, 2014
Jamestown Marina will be hosting a Boating course held by Tres Martin Performance Boat School on May 29th and 30th. This class is available for boat owners with boats of all sizes. Tres Martin Performance Boat School covers boating for beginners up to Ultimate Performance Class for boaters with years of experience.
This course is a 2 day class, the first day is class room training and the second day is on water skill set training. The course covers training that includes safety, situation awareness, drive and trim settings, power management, invasive maneuvers, turning techniques as well as several other topics.
This course is a must for anyone who wants to become a better and safer boat operator. More information can be found at www.performanceboatschool.com or by calling (352) 620 8737
Old 05-06-2014, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

This should be a pretty quick class. Point to all the debris floating in Lake Cumberland and explain that it isn't safe to performance boat there.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Clueless⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
Old 05-06-2014, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteLT193
This should be a pretty quick class. Point to all the debris floating in Lake Cumberland and explain that it isn't safe to performance boat there.
Yeah, sure thing numbnuts.

Yes, Cumberland, like any other inland lake has floating debris periodically throughout the season it's hardly "unsafe to performance boat there".

Originally Posted by jmoore1225
Clueless⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:34 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]523071[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Lake Cumberland-image.jpg  
Old 05-06-2014, 07:36 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]523073[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Lake Cumberland-image.jpg  
Old 05-06-2014, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't intend for this post to be confrontational... That being said, my Wife and I were within a couple of hundred miles of Lake Cumberland last week. Instead of driving home through the weather system that soaked Pensacola, I went north and spent a night at Jamestown Resort and Marina. Being the only people that were guests of the Resort that evening (the two people working at Lee's Country Fried Chicken, the person at the Resort office, and the two of us seemed like the only ones in all of Jamestown), left us plenty of room to walk the Marina docks and scout the area for a future boating trip...

To those that know, when does the debris clear? Does it ever clear? Is it seasonal? Is it after a heavy rain or period of rain? Do you need to bring many sets of props and gearcases to run the lake?

Needless to say, the stuff that was floating around the docks and as far as I could see into the distance was incredible. To have used the Resort boat ramp would have required a chainsaw and wood chipper.

From shore, the lake looks so amazingly beautiful... Is there a best time of year to boat it in a 100 plus mile per hour boat without worrying about damaging or destroying your equipment?? From my vantage point last week, it would have been sketchy in a 20 mile per hour pontoon boat...
Attached Thumbnails Lake Cumberland-img_0550.jpg   Lake Cumberland-img_0542.jpg   Lake Cumberland-img_0544.jpg  

Lake Cumberland-img_0543.jpg   Lake Cumberland-img_0538.jpg  
Old 05-06-2014, 08:05 PM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just in the spring time.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The lake has also just came back up to a level it hasnt been to in 8 years. Thats what the majority of this stuff is.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:52 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The lake has been on the rise from a all time low to do dam repairs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.