Notices

boatpix.com

Old 05-09-2014, 11:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boatpix.com

Has anyone ever got pics from them? The helicopter chased us on the poker run last weekend at the Tickfaw and wanted to see what they had. She told me 2 weeks before they came back and had very good quality of the photo's.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:12 PM
Registered

Yes, I have pics of my last two boats. You just fill out the order form and they send you a few pics. Keep the ones you want and send the other ones back. I had one with a flaw and they corrected it. Highly recommend them.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:15 AM
Registered

Some people have been happy with the pics and many people have not been happy with the pics. They are kind of hard to send back and get your money back. I have only had pictures taken 1 time and they were not good. They flew around us about 3 times, yet never got one pictures where you could see all 4 people in the boat, and the pictures were washed out with not much color. I seems like they just give someone a camera and let them shoot from the copter.

Someone on a different site was debating purchasing some pictures from them recently. He decided to purchase them and didn't like any of the pictures. I will check and see what the return process was like (if he got his money back easily) and get back to this thread.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:32 PM
Registered

I hear/ read allot of people being over charged for pics.... if it were me have them send you the pics, scan them into your computer and have a photography shop print them out for far less... $300 for a single pic is crazy expensive.
I can hire a helicopter in Seattle for $285.00hr and they will shoot my boat from the air (possibly video footage as well)

http://www.helicoptersnw.com/rates.html
Old 05-10-2014, 03:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought one of my old boat they are expensive and quality could be better, but it is nice having and would buy from them again.
Old 05-10-2014, 03:11 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Used them "once", pics were fine, but they're expensive, we're in FMO and at least once a season they lease a copter and jayboat hops in for a ride and gets pics of all of us and it's about 1/3rd the price and the pics are better, thanks Jay.

The first one is boatpic and of course the others are from some of our FMO runs.

And, yes, my 353 Formula is "for sale"

Last edited by 314joey; 05-10-2014 at 03:13 PM.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 399 Likes on 178 Posts

Buy a drone and take your own pictures.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 606 Likes on 275 Posts

I got some and after working out a few issues with the owner I'm happy with my three prints. They could have done a better job and the pics weren't cheap but how often do we get the opportunity to get heli pics of our boats?. This one is my favorite of my three:

Old 05-12-2014, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do a search, there have been tons of threads. For me, I've read about and talked to too many people that were unhappy with boatpix to even consider sending them any money.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 606 Likes on 275 Posts

Naples and Jayboat do great work but they are not up here on the Great Lakes taking pics of random boats and since my pics are not during a run there are no distracting boat wakes or such in the background. We got some good looking off-shore water. But they should have been on the sunlit side of my boat and should have followed me longer once I realized that they were taking pics and it wasn't a Coast Guard chopper buzzing me because that's when I sped up and there could have been pics of my boat airborne. Anyway, if you want helicopter pics you take what you can get. Look at what they've got and if you like them, buy them. If not, don't. They will touch them up as you request and you can also buy the digital files and do what you want with them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.