Notices

It'Monday,Who brke what

Old 08-19-2002, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Besides some loose screws, and the cuddy door, my new sony stereo totally astounded us this weekend! Once the shelf in which it is normally housed, came crashing down after a 6 footer just dropped us, the crazy thing kept playing a cd hanging by its own wiring harness Ithought for sure it was playing off memory---but no definitely the CD
Definitely a testimonial for the new sony mex deck. Now to tighten everything back up and make a new shelf!
Old 08-19-2002, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Installed a new MSD coil then went to test on the hose a found no water coming out the exhaust. Very bad thing. Shut every thing down and discoverd that the impeller was completly shot. I mean not a single vane still in place. Come to find out some of the pieces were in the bilge next to the pump. Previous owner or shop opened the housing pulled out the loose pieces and slapped it back together!!! WTF!!! I'm just glad I caught it when I did. Hopefully no engine damage (trying to type with fingers crossed)

Tracking down parts now. If anybody can help, chime in or PM me.
Thanks,
Travis
Old 08-19-2002, 08:13 PM
ronrally

Default My broken heart...

You guys are pretty die-hard. I love it when people call it like it is. "Ok it's monday, who broke what?" That's awsome. I guess we need to accept a fact that boats are just expensive holes in the water. And you know, even I'm not immuned in my 20 foot fiberglass bondo-bucket, for every time one of you guys blow by me at 100 mph, it's my heart that breaks.

Ronny

Old 08-19-2002, 08:38 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am happy to report that the worst thing for me this weekend was two dead batteries at the boat launch. I was blaming it on the automatic bilge, because the angle I keep the boat at the house doesn't let a small part of the bilge drain, and of course that is where the float switch is located. I pulled the battery out of the truck and replaced one in the boat and went on our way. After we got home and were cleaning the boat, I discovered that my swabbie (Debbie) had accidently turned on the cockpit lights when she was wiping down the dash last week. She didn't realize it was a three way switch, and she had turned it to the down (off) position.

Picture of the swabbie at the helm yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails It'Monday,Who brke what-capt-debbie.jpg  
Old 08-19-2002, 09:06 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks it a Formula cuda
Old 08-19-2002, 09:38 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

I have heard so many broke stories lately I nursed mine at 4200 to 4500 anddonly very short bursts of WOT...
Waiting on my turn!

Oh and for once my stereo was still mounted when I got home, need a stronger L bracket in the back, this weeks project!
Bryan
Old 08-19-2002, 10:02 PM
Bo Knows

The screws that hold the hatch ram to the transom pulled out, one of my step pad slats got broken, I have no idea how, the screws that hold my refridgerator fell out along with the fridge. I consider this a good weekend ! This is why I trailer my boat home, I need the week to get it back into shape and cleaned up for this weekend.

Bo

Old 08-19-2002, 10:21 PM
Registered

This weekend was a trouble free one for me. Had four impellors **** the bed three weekends ago, then had some ignition switch trouble the next week, then the following week the ignition switch failed completed and had to replace the switch, then this past weekend.....no problems. Got to love boating.....
Old 08-19-2002, 10:22 PM
Registered

One bottle of amaretto sp? and one bottle of vanilla stoli. very rough weekend. cabin has a pleasent smell though.
Old 08-19-2002, 11:09 PM
Registered

I was going to say "NOTHING GOT BROKE"....but i forgot that i ripped off my faring pad with a stuff.