Notices

Pier 57 Horror stories

Old 05-22-2014, 02:48 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 867 Likes on 319 Posts

I'd delete this thread if I were you.

BTW...after reading this thread I'd have no issues going to SS for a boat when I need one.
Old 05-22-2014, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 906 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
I'd delete this thread if I were you.

BTW...after reading this thread I'd have no issues going to SS for a boat when I need one.
+1.....

OP's rant simply described boating with a 29 year old powerboat.......

Like expecting a 29 year old racecar to run like a new Camry!
Old 05-22-2014, 03:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts

I have done business with Scott in the past and i would recommend him to anyone.
unfortunately nowadays it is impossible to do business without some people being totally unrealistic.
hell we just did the projection for the Michael Jackson event at the billboard awards and now i'm being sued by some joker, even thou what he is filing suit about has nothing to do with us. but we still have to defend our selves in court. How is that for BS?
Old 05-22-2014, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 219 Likes on 113 Posts

I know I should not get involved and not reply to this thread because it does not involve me, but that did not stop anyone else on here so why should it stop me.lol

I do not think the OP has any issues with the boat been 30 years old and needing some work,I have read other threads he started in the past,
I think(but maybe I am wrong) the issue the OP is having is with the engine build,I think he feels he was led to believe the engine build was done in house but when he had issues with the engines he was then informed the engine build was done by previous owner,
not sure who is right or wrong,I was not there but I do not think any of you guys were there either ,
so if you are going to bash the OP do it knowing what the issues is,,and I dont think the issue is the age of the boat,
Old 05-22-2014, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Really?

I have no dog in this fight but I have to say that if the complaint revolves around a 30-year old boat, this is stupid. Every business is going to have happy people and unhappy people. But if you are going to *****, have a valid reason otherwise go pizz up a rope with your miserable self. BTW, I used to be in the boat business many years ago and to say that some of the people we sold to were complete morons would be an understatement. As for Shogren, why would anyone post such nonsense about a business that truly is on the side of the consumer. GROW UP
Old 05-22-2014, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i think their prices are a little high, but then again i am poor anyway!!!
Old 05-22-2014, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

It appears that the OP has never read the disclaimer on the Pier 57 website below EVERY listed boat that says

"All marine vessels, motors, drives or related parts and or equipment, vehicles, cars, trucks, motorcycles, trailers or any other goods or services depicted on this website (goods) for sale are being sold as is. Pier 57 offers no warranties, expressed or implied as to the quality or condition of any goods sold. Pier 57 makes no representation as to the quality or condition of the goods. Though some goods described on this website may be described as new or used, some components of the goods may be new and others used. Pier 57 encourages all buyers to obtain a Marine Survey prior to purchase, of both new or used goods (structurally & mechanically) because, Pier 57 does not represent and/or warrant the quality or condition of the goods listed for sale on this website, new or used. Pier 57 does not warrant accuracy of the description of the goods listed for sale on this website."
Old 05-22-2014, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 906 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by H20 Toie
I have done business with Scott in the past and i would recommend him to anyone.
unfortunately nowadays it is impossible to do business without some people being totally unrealistic.
hell we just did the projection for the Michael Jackson event at the billboard awards and now i'm being sued by some joker, even thou what he is filing suit about has nothing to do with us. but we still have to defend our selves in court. How is that for BS?
Did you sell your TG to Shogren or just consign it?
Old 05-22-2014, 04:58 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,075 Likes on 284 Posts

Hate threads like this. You cannot make every last customer happy...trust me. The High-Performance Boat industry is tough enough the way it is, we are ALL in it together and all doing our very best. Why not focus on the positives? Pier 57 is a long standing dealership that still supports our crazy sport...

We have absolutely no ties with Pier 57, I feel this way about any thread started like this unless blatant stealing and lying is involved.

TS out.
Old 05-22-2014, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a 2001 36 Spectre from Scott in 2012, sight unseen. when the boat was delivered to my door it was better than advertised! . Should I be mad ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.