Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone usung octane booster in their 1,350's? >

Anyone usung octane booster in their 1,350's?

Notices

Anyone usung octane booster in their 1,350's?

Old 05-25-2014, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice stuff http://www.gastrailer.com/
Old 05-25-2014, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Gas Trailer
LubeJobs42, are you able to get the 93 octane you're after locally?

My co-worker forwarded me this discussion because of the transfer tank and fuel trailer talks. I just created an account to chime in and hope I don't come across spammy. Let me know if I do and I'll bow out.

To offer up a possible solution after reading others comments, we manufacture portable fuel trailers that may help solve your problem if you're open to towing your local supply to your boat. Our units are built to DOT specs and you won't need a Hazmat rating or CDL that was brought up like larger fuel transport methods and trailers require. This is because our aluminum tanks are primarily 110 gallons in size and stay under the 119 size marker. Above 119 gallons is where regulations change and become more strict.

Let me know if you think this may be a viable solution. Regular pump fuels up to 93 or blends with additives over 100 will work fine.

Thanks,

Keith Kittoe
Is it legal to string 4 of those trailers behind the truck.
Old 05-25-2014, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

According Mercury Racing, 91 is the required octane for 1350's. I'm sure 90 is close enough for most boating.
Old 05-25-2014, 08:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1 MAIDEN AMERICA
Is it legal to string 4 of those trailers behind the truck.
As much as I'd like to see that daisy chain pull up to our shop, in short, no.

Regarding gasoline blends which have a different flash point than diesel and other non-flammable liquids, what we've found working with different compliance agencies and from the Special Permit issued to us by the DOT to manufacture our aluminum tanks, the 119 gallon total capacity of additional fuel is the magic number with refueling tanks, our gas trailers, and other aluminum storage/transport means. The amount of fuel already carried in your truck or towing vehicle doesn't factor into the additional 119 capacity number though. It is the amount added to a motor vehicle for transport. Once you exceed 119, then DOT 406 regulations come into play which are geared towards commercial rigs, semi truck size, and similar units.

Rules can vary from state to state, but most follow federal guidelines with transporting hazardous material which gasoline is classified as. On top of that, it is not just the fuel itself being transported that you have to consider, but the tank as the storage device is just as important. Examples of what you don't want to do are use steel tanks, standard auxiliary tank, and those built for diesel or non-flammable liquids to transport gasoline. Gasoline does not play well with steel and will rust and corrode through them over time.

If used in commerce for business or government purposes, then the tanks must be manufactured by a DOT Special Permit holder to assure they are built to correct specifications. Individual use isn't as regulated but for safety purposes, you should still only use aluminum tanks with gasoline. Some states require the DOT spec built tanks even for individual use to ensure public safety.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SB
I did some digging, the rain pulled me in from outside.

Interesting.

- Trademark holder :Ian Lehn read this: http://www.trademarkia.com/boostane-85483983.html
- Same person is listed as contact in whois for the website. Hosted by GoDaddy. Website and Company Address: http://www.boostane.com/contact/
- Same person applied for a patent in January 2013 for a "COMPARTMENTALIZED PALLET PACKAGING SYSTEM FOR PERISHABLE PRODUCTS" see here:
http://www.patentbuddy.com/Inventor/Lehn-Ian-M/17831205
- Here's the company (aerial photography) he works for - with a description of him - and unbelievably at the same address that Boostane is located:
http://www.topgunaerials.com/team.html

So........we should get answers.

To: Engineer ? Prove it !

Best Octane Booster ? Prove it. Actually, who makes it for you and what are their credentials ?

I knew I smelled something. Again, all Automotive "Best Thing' in a bottle usually turns out this way.

I uncovered another on OSO a yr or two ago. All land developers, real estate holding companies, commercial real estate sales people that all worked together. They came out with a Octane Booster and Top End lube too. They started into's as engineers to.

We want something more than what comes out of your lips and marketing material.

Until then, it's more snake oil.

Remember, this thread started about a guy with 100's of thousand of dollars in engines and drives...that's not counting the boat !

Very expensive toy to dupe someone into something that may not work.

Hi SB

My name is Dave Wesseldyk owner of WESCO Racings Engines I have spent years developing and testing BOOSTane .

We all know 93 is not available at most fuel docks and the one thing we all are looking for is to have the availability of high octane fuel anywhere.

Now you know why we have developed BOOSTane and now you know my credentials.

Ian is a very talented hard working young man and a very important part of our team. If you want to attack someone direct it at me.

If you have any questions you can call me at my shop 616-662-2250 any time.

Dave
Old 05-26-2014, 05:36 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,110 Likes on 1,401 Posts

Dave (Wesco Engines) - I know of you. I know of your credentials. Did not know you where part of the 'team.'

So, since you are a believable source tell us more about it and your contribution. I'll listen to you vs some who know's what , any day. Ian may know his schit, but he appears to not have the backround you do. Obviously, you have the testing methods.

BTW: I'm sure you have seen 100's of engine related 'things in a bottle' that don't come anywhere near what's promised. One after another after another. So, you can see why I did some digging.

If you where on the other side of the table (not involved with the product) you would smell something and investigate also.

That's what we do. Make sure the consumer is getting what's promised.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dsparis
I don't think Gino has a hitch on the Lambo yet.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:27 AM
Registered

I've seen a Ferarri 348 pulling a Sea Doo (it's on their website) so why not a Lambo pulling a fuel trailer?
It would say to people: "I may have quite a bit of money, but I don't take myself too seriously!". Lol
Old 05-26-2014, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 4 Posts

just put some 1100's in , put the 1350's on the shelf. you can find 89 octane anywhere. I had both 1100's and 1350's, hard to tell the horsepower difference myself.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Hey, Lubejobs, aren't you the only one here with 1,350s?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.