Notices

sad

Old 06-08-2014, 08:59 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by glassdave
Hate to say it but I dont find that as much sad as I find it absolutely infuriating and irresponsible.
I agree, my chit is on the trailer by sunset. I know myself well enough
Old 06-08-2014, 10:26 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the word out!! Don't boat and drive any more than you don't drink and drive! What the fuk is the difference! The alcohol industry continues to glamorize casual drinking as if it is never a problem. We need to form B.A.D.D. - Boaters Against Drunk Driving. I boat sober and love the sht out of it. Did the TOPPS poker run Saturday in a 42 Fountain w 575s without drinks and we had a blast. We need a good PR campaign emphasizing the stupidity of boating while drunk ESPECIALLY at night! Glad no one died. Hope the young guy makes it.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:32 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

And I like the fact that Bob Teague and his business is a huge supporter of no drinks while boating. Congrats to what he is trying to do. IMO most of the hot spots & bars on lakes, Saturday nite those boaters a lot of them had more than few.

Last edited by BUP; 06-08-2014 at 10:41 PM.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
I do find it sad for the passengers who were injured and were not in controll of situation. . . . . Sorry but intoxicated boaters piss me right the fuk off. . .
Yep, I have the time of my life every time I take my boat out. And I NEVER drink (not an exaggeration). People are naturally gluttons, so over consuming is in our nature.

Condolences to the passengers, even though birds of a feather...
Old 06-08-2014, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by bajaholic
Ask Smarty, It wasn't their Fault...They allegedly were drinking and allegedly crashed the boat...

Too me it is very simple.... Don't drink and drive, BAD things can and will happen... Personally, I feel bad for the boat, total waste of a nice boat.....
now im confused,smarty is an attourney but what are you saying,is he representing the boat operator and did he say it was not their fault?
Old 06-09-2014, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
now im confused,smarty is an attourney but what are you saying,is he representing the boat operator and did he say it was not their fault?
I don't believe this is the case here. This comment is trash dragged over from a pervious boat accident thread the other night.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't drink while boating and have a blast. I pee as much as the others because I drink water and sports drinks to hydrate for the festivities that come after the boat is back in storage.

We are running big power and I want to be alert. Let alone know that the safety of my crew is top of mind and I have to be on the lookout for the numb nuts who are being responsible.

You can't manage the boats, crew, and remain observant to your surroundings while being impaired.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea thats kinda a bad deal for the passengers. But I love to enjoy a few beers while boating. As long as I'm either planning on staying where I'm at, or just a short cruise back to the trailer. And it's always a lt a respectable speed and nothing to crazy.

On another note I love night boating cuz it's just one of the coolest thing in the world with all my lights on lighting everything up. But I only do it on lake mi or big lakes with nothing around me but lots of open water.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 323 Likes on 126 Posts

I think it would be interesting to hear what the DWI Attorney would have to say about this one. (thus the "baiting" first post)

The person previously stated had a VERY strong opinion about what was wrong with the BWI laws, entrapment, etc. in the other thread and how, since nothing bad happened (in regards to an accident caused by the drinker) how that thinking would play into this accident...

I would also like to know, how he would represent these people, since ALL are innocent until proven guilty? Responsibility of ones actions or does he find a loop hole to get less punishment so it can happen again, and again, and again???

Again, If you drink and boat, BAD things can and will happen...Thank god they didn't run into us...

Last edited by bajaholic; 06-09-2014 at 03:52 PM.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Thebossbultsma
Yea thats kinda a bad deal for the passengers. But I love to enjoy a few beers while boating. As long as I'm either planning on staying where I'm at, or just a short cruise back to the trailer. And it's always a lt a respectable speed and nothing to crazy.

On another note I love night boating cuz it's just one of the coolest thing in the world with all my lights on lighting everything up. But I only do it on lake mi or big lakes with nothing around me but lots of open water.
I have to be the bad old guy, and disagree with you. I have had close calls on Lake Michigan "night boating" when other craft aren't lit up, and can't be seen until it's too late. Back in the days of the Pier 33 poker run, I was heading back to South Haven from Muskegon and nearly swamped a bass boat that was out on the lake, no lights on. I circled back to apologize and ask them if they were ok, and asked them if their lights were in working condition. The people in the bass boat were smoking weed, and didn't want to be seen. They said no big deal (as they were dumping the sh*t out of their shorts) and that they were just trying to enjoy some night air on the lake. I let them know that their were a lot of other boats that might be coming down also, so maybe the lights on would be smart???? Doesn't matter that they are on the water at night with no lights, if I'd have hit them I'd have surely killed someone, and most certainly been jailed. I had been drinking at the poker run party before heading back, and while I wasn't snockered, I wasn't stone sober either. I've never operated at night since then, and I don't drink and boat anymore either. Long story short, it won't matter what you "blow" on a PBAC unit, if you are involved in ANY sort of incident, your fault or not. They will find a way to prosecute and make your life hell.

Last edited by offshore312; 06-09-2014 at 03:46 PM. Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.