Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Help - Best launch site for Hudson River, New York City, North Jersey side >

Help - Best launch site for Hudson River, New York City, North Jersey side

Notices

Help - Best launch site for Hudson River, New York City, North Jersey side

Old 06-09-2014, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help - Best launch site for Hudson River, New York City, North Jersey side

I'm going to trailer my 292 Formula from Allentown, PA over to the New York City area in order to try and make the upcoming NYC Poker Run.

I've never run the Hudson let alone the New York City area and... I need some help and advice.

I would like to berth overnight at the Liberty Landing Marina across from lower Manhattan on the Hudson and need a good launch site for the Hudson. I'd prefer to launch it off the trailer and not have to use a hoist but can't seem to find a suitable ramp. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

The Liberty State Park (right around the corner) seems to have a perfect launch site with great parking but a fast web site check shows they limit the trailer length to 23 feet? That seems incredibly small for such a operation so I wonder if that's correct, a typo or they don't enforce it?

Anyway, if anyone can help me I would be most thankful.... in advance.

Glenn
Old 06-10-2014, 05:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never used the ramp myself but I am pretty sure that a lot of poker runners use the ramp for the NYC run...... I would either call Liberty Landing themselves or you can email Billy from NPBA..... [email protected] ........ I'm sure one of them will have an answer for you........