Notices

Texas outlaw challenge

Old 06-12-2014, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas outlaw challenge

Guys I am thinking about going to this poker run, but I had a few questions about it. I am kinda new to the poker runs we went over to Biloxi, MS for Smokin the Sound and had a blast!

1. Is it kid friendly? ( I know I will catch hell about this question but I work a 21--7 schedule out of town and 4 of the 7 days is this poker run so I was thinking about making it a family trip lol)
2. Is there somewhere to dock the boat or does it have to be hauled out every night?
3. I am also kind of confused as to the difference between the outlaw and the actual poker run?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I can also be reached by phone at 361-484-1548 if you don't feel like typing that much.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I will start. Most poker runs in our area are NOT kid friendly. I know because I have a 4 and 7 year old. It's usually because of the amount of drinking and drinking related shenanigans that go on during the day (you want your kids to see you approving of all that?). The Friday evening event at the Kemah Boardwalk IS most certainly kid friendly with all the boats and some of the haulers on display. The parties are not and in a lot of cases they expressly say "Adults Only". We are doing the TOC on Saturday for the 7th time and it will be a blast! We are getting a babysitter. You should too. Just bring 'em along and set 'em up in the hotel. They can go to the zoo or to Space Center (very close by) for the day!
Old 06-12-2014, 09:29 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jamie77905
Guys I am thinking about going to this poker run, but I had a few questions about it. I am kinda new to the poker runs we went over to Biloxi, MS for Smokin the Sound and had a blast!

1. Is it kid friendly? ( I know I will catch hell about this question but I work a 21--7 schedule out of town and 4 of the 7 days is this poker run so I was thinking about making it a family trip lol)
2. Is there somewhere to dock the boat or does it have to be hauled out every night?
3. I am also kind of confused as to the difference between the outlaw and the actual poker run?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I can also be reached by phone at 361-484-1548 if you don't feel like typing that much.
It is located at the Kemah Boardwalk, very kid and wife friendly, plenty to do. http://www.kemahboardwalk.com/

This is the schedule, http://texasoutlawchallenge.com/sche...vent-schedule/
Old 06-12-2014, 09:38 AM
Registered

Yeah I figure the parties was off limits to the kids I was thinking more of just letting her ride in the boat to the stops. I would think or at least I would hope the drinking would be to a minimum with people operating the boats, but you never know. Does anyone know about the docking situation?
Old 06-12-2014, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Call Paul Robinson, I think his number is on the TOC website. Also Endeavor Marina and Lance at the Turtle Club may be able to give you some leads.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:54 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

Kemah Boardwalk Marina might still have slips available.

Julie Hall
Assistant for Ground and Marine Operations
Kemah Boardwalk Marina
281-334-2284
281-334-2558 / FAX
555 Bradford, Kemah TX 77565
Old 06-12-2014, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Just got our hotel locked down today. Still rooms around the boardwalk area at most the hotels but only a few per place.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:25 AM
Registered

where did you book at?
Old 06-12-2014, 11:33 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by On Time
I will start. Most poker runs in our area are NOT kid friendly. I know because I have a 4 and 7 year old. It's usually because of the amount of drinking and drinking related shenanigans that go on during the day (you want your kids to see you approving of all that?). The Friday evening event at the Kemah Boardwalk IS most certainly kid friendly with all the boats and some of the haulers on display. The parties are not and in a lot of cases they expressly say "Adults Only". We are doing the TOC on Saturday for the 7th time and it will be a blast! We are getting a babysitter. You should too. Just bring 'em along and set 'em up in the hotel. They can go to the zoo or to Space Center (very close by) for the day!
Do you mean the street party on Thursday?? My wife was saying we should take our son to it because he would love it. He's 3 and I wasn't sure about it being kid friendly or not. I then saw it started at 8 and his bed time is 8:30-9, so ya that's not going to happen...

To the op, kemah boardwalk marina still has slips open. And when he says drinking I don't believe he's really talking about the captains, but the crews.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie77905
where did you book at?
The ever so swank Quality inn. The suite was a whole $140 a night. Looks to be maybe at best a mile from the boardwalk.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.