Merc 454 Mag Wont Shut Off >

Merc 454 Mag Wont Shut Off

Notices

Merc 454 Mag Wont Shut Off

Old 06-19-2014, 11:04 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Thanks for the info. So would the backing of the vinyl say 3 M just asking as you mentioned about it.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The backing on the vinyl to protect the adhesive before application is white with cut assist marks and has 3M stamped all over. So in short the answer is yes.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:59 AM
Registered

Kinda off topic, but I did the same thing to my dash with the carbon fiber vinyl wrap but realized really quick it isn't very durable. I ended up getting all my panels hydrodipped, they are cleared over so very durable. Here is how it turned out. Was $150 for all 5 panels I had done. This is on a 24 outlaw.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:27 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I was asking about the backing if it is showing somewhere that it is a 3M product. My point for asking was 3 M products that we use always seem to be a quality products. I just want to make sure its from 3M and not some knock off brand. I totally understand what the backing is for. Have done my fair share of re graphics installment on many hull sides in my day. Thanks for the replies and help about the product.

Last edited by BUP; 06-20-2014 at 11:30 AM.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
I was asking about the backing if it is showing somewhere that it is a 3M product. My point for asking was 3 M products that we use always seem to be a quality products. I just want to make sure its from 3M and not some knock off brand. I totally understand what the backing is for. Have done my fair share of re graphics installment on many hull sides in my day. Thanks for the replies and help about the product.

The seller that I bought from on eBay claims his product is real 3m and to me it seemed to be correct once recieved. The backing had 3m on the protective backing.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is how my Sunday morning went.... I just posted this last night in the general Q&A section;

Today I was at the marina with my 02 fountain 29 fever. It has twin 350 mag mpi fuel injected engines. Lately the port side engine has had trouble starting when cold. It turns over for a few seconds and then the starter finally stops and a puff of white smoke comes out of the flame arrestor. After several attempts I gave up and started the starboard engine. It lit right up. I tried the port side again and it fired up an idled perfectly. Just for good measure I wanted to cut off both engines and make sure they re started with no problem before I left the dock. I turned off the starboard engine and then turned off the Key of the port motor and it kept running!!!!

A bit astonished, I cycled the key again, and it did nothing... Engine still running.

I then cut off both battery switches to off, and again it did nothing... Engine still running.

Next I pulled the emergency cut off switch. Nada! Port engine still running.

At this point I was at a loss of ideas. Not to mention I had 140 gallons of fuel, so this thing was going to run all week at this pace!

Oh yea! Fuel.... The engine can't run without that. I cut the fuel supply lever off that fountain was so smart to include, and waited 5 minutes for the port engine to run out of gas.

I checked the ground and positive cables, all the battery connections, and the ignition switch connections on the dash. Nothing was loose. Wtf?

So I really have 2 issues.

1). A port engine not wanting to start cold, and puffing smoke out of the flame arrestor.

2). A possessed port engine that won't turn off by the key or any kill switch.

HELP PLEASE!!!!