Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What is this Bravo worth fairly? >

What is this Bravo worth fairly?

Notices

What is this Bravo worth fairly?

Old 06-16-2014, 12:02 AM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 234 Posts
Default What is this Bravo worth fairly?

I have an old Bravo 1 that i bought 12 years ago for an upgrade from my Alpha because back in the day everyone said with anything over 300 hp you would kill an Alpha.

Long story short my little 19 foot Hotrod Baron has been on hold for 20 years now . Longest Trailer Queen on this site I bet, and this is with a fully functional engine package..

Anyways dragged out the boat yesterday and as I had found a 2004 Alpha transom assembly and outdrive years ago with 2 hours on it and since learned that the Bravo is no longer needed with a 350 hp sbc I think the Bravo is no longer needed.

Actually downgrading power in the boat for now until I redo the stringers and figure out where i want to go with it .

If bigger power ? Maybe an LS motor with an Arneson ,as my buddy Todd aka Baronmarine on here has my old Baron with a 383 and Arneson and after riding in it I really really like the ways it handles compared to the outdrive version that I have 100s of hours of seat time in.

Anyways sorry for the dribble about everything but the Bravo

I bought it from a friend of a friend 12 years ago who said it came off a newer single engine Searay with maybe a 100 hours on it that burned.

I have never looked at it hard or pulled the plug on it It looks clean , The skeg has a little wear but that is expected in our shallow waters of SW Florida and the yoke has some surface rust. on the input shaft but this is just from it sitting not like the bellows were leaking, The U-joints feel good.

I paid 1400 for it 12 years ago.It has been out of the weather also but was a saltwater unit though it is not all pitted.

Anyways If i do put it up for sale i don't want someone getting the wrong end of the deal like what happened with a Jonny guy on here.

If i hang the drive and drain the fluid and take vids of it as this will be the first drain in 12 years and pull the top cap off and take hi resolution pics of the bearings and than of the hub and prop shaft area would this be good representation?

It is in Sw Florida and is a 1.5 to 1 and i could do a half way meet for shipping.

If I had one of my old parasail boats yet that i ran Bravo2s on I would slap it on and see how it felt, always wanted to do that as they were the old Nordic 28 s back in the day just to see what they would do with the different drive. Just was to busy making a living to experiment back than.

Any ways guys once again sorry for the endless dribble but what else are you going to do ? Go boating?

Thanks for any input . I will snap a few pics and vids of it tomorrow if i get a chance.

Last edited by tommymonza; 06-16-2014 at 12:17 AM.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:06 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Hard to believe,but i've done 4 complete restorations on total basketcase Nordic Ascenders in the past year,(also 3 Premiums and1 Ocean Pro 0). Did one with a 502 and it ran like a BEAR for a parasail boat. If you run across any old ones ,send me a message ,I like to keep track of them in case I need one. Suprisingly, there is still a market for these boats and there easy to resto.Call anytime Bill @ ELite Parasail 941 681 1870.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 234 Posts

Yep the old Nordic Ascenders were a good Parasail boat in their time and fun to drive. Don't see any down my way at all anymore I live in Premium country here in SW Florida.

I have a as brand new yellow and black 28 foot Custom Chute from Chris with high wind zippered vents in it still . Any idea what something like that is worth these days Bill?

Was going to keep it for fun but different ideas these days.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
I have an old Bravo 1 that i bought 12 years ago for an upgrade from my Alpha because back in the day everyone said with anything over 300 hp you would kill an Alpha.

Long story short my little 19 foot Hotrod Baron has been on hold for 20 years now . Longest Trailer Queen on this site I bet, and this is with a fully functional engine package..

Anyways dragged out the boat yesterday and as I had found a 2004 Alpha transom assembly and outdrive years ago with 2 hours on it and since learned that the Bravo is no longer needed with a 350 hp sbc I think the Bravo is no longer needed.

Actually downgrading power in the boat for now until I redo the stringers and figure out where i want to go with it .

If bigger power ? Maybe an LS motor with an Arneson ,as my buddy Todd aka Baronmarine on here has my old Baron with a 383 and Arneson and after riding in it I really really like the ways it handles compared to the outdrive version that I have 100s of hours of seat time in.

Anyways sorry for the dribble about everything but the Bravo

I bought it from a friend of a friend 12 years ago who said it came off a newer single engine Searay with maybe a 100 hours on it that burned.

I have never looked at it hard or pulled the plug on it It looks clean , The skeg has a little wear but that is expected in our shallow waters of SW Florida and the yoke has some surface rust. on the input shaft but this is just from it sitting not like the bellows were leaking, The U-joints feel good.

I paid 1400 for it 12 years ago.It has been out of the weather also but was a saltwater unit though it is not all pitted.

Anyways If i do put it up for sale i don't want someone getting the wrong end of the deal like what happened with a Jonny guy on here.

If i hang the drive and drain the fluid and take vids of it as this will be the first drain in 12 years and pull the top cap off and take hi resolution pics of the bearings and than of the hub and prop shaft area would this be good representation?

It is in Sw Florida and is a 1.5 to 1 and i could do a half way meet for shipping.

If I had one of my old parasail boats yet that i ran Bravo2s on I would slap it on and see how it felt, always wanted to do that as they were the old Nordic 28 s back in the day just to see what they would do with the different drive. Just was to busy making a living to experiment back than.

Any ways guys once again sorry for the endless dribble but what else are you going to do ? Go boating?

Thanks for any input . I will snap a few pics and vids of it tomorrow if i get a chance.

They're still going for 1000 to 1500$ for a good condition used bravo1. Salt may devalue it just slightly but if it's been inside with good or atleast non watered down gear oil in it then the sitting isn't really going to hurt it.

Id say put it up for what you paid which seems fair (especially 12 years ago) and settle for what you'd let it go for. We all have a $ in our heads.