Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
If you have Turbines, this is the only shop you will ever need to use. >

If you have Turbines, this is the only shop you will ever need to use.

Notices

If you have Turbines, this is the only shop you will ever need to use.

Old 06-16-2014, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
Default If you have Turbines, this is the only shop you will ever need to use.

I wanted to take the opportunity of the open forum, and give a little first hand knowledge to anybody thats has turbines, is looking to move into turbine power, or is just curious about the mess.

I bought my current 50 Mystic not long ago. It was the JBS race boat. It has sense been rebranded Low Altitude.

As with any used boat, she needed a little bit of TLC to get her back in the condition i knew i would be happy with. Paint, Trailer, some rigging, etc.

The long pole in the tent would be the turbines them selves. Who do you go to for rebuilds, trouble shooting, help in general? Opinions are only sometimes accurate, at best.

I narrowed my search down to two different companies that would be able to service my engines, and make them like new.

I sent my engines too the first company for inspection. I also sent them 3 T55-L7C core engines they had agreed to take in partial trade for the parts and labor they would undoubtedly need at some point to make everything right in my T53-703's.

By the time they had been thru my engines they not only wanted the 3 core engines (valued at $85,000.00 a piece by Transupport, a reputable turbine shop) but they also wanted over $300,000.00 in cash to complete the job. And even at that point, they were not sure it was going to be enough to make them like new again.

Its important to remember, the day before we took them out, we ran the boat 190 mph with NO issues... They were not blown up, or garbage by any means.

After i picked my jaw up off the floor, I had this first company send them to the next guy on my list. I only went to the first company because they were the "big dogs" when you think turbine boat engines.

What a BREATH OF FRESH AIR! These guys did what they said they would, when they said they would and never asked for anything more.

Today, they shipped my fully rebuilt, freshly tuned on a calibrated test cell turbines to me. They are flying out to help with the reinstall, and they look amazing. I will post pictures and follow up after the test run.

Company number 2, Turbine Motorsports. Company 1, Not Turbine Marine. They were not in the running.

Tom Borisch

Last edited by Tborisch; 06-16-2014 at 02:58 PM. Reason: spelling.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote #1 is ridiculous! I'm sure everyone knows who you are talking about as well...
Old 06-16-2014, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im glad to see your happy. What a review. Only praise for second company. Way to keep it respectful. Very nice review.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Crazy a 550k swing in price?.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Did you have to settle up with company #1 for the 3 engines you sent them?

While that whole situation sounds horrible, I am glad you found a bright light at the end with good people that treat you right.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Did you have to settle up with company #1 for the 3 engines you sent them?

While that whole situation sounds horrible, I am glad you found a bright light at the end with good people that treat you right.
So am I..

My engines as well as the 3 cores went to Turbine Motorsports. They took the engines and gave the same value as company 1 would have. My cash out of pocket was over $300,000.00 less than what it would have been with Co. 1.

I paid Co. 1. cash for everything they did.

Tom

Tom
Old 06-16-2014, 03:27 PM
Registered

These are pics of my finished turbines, Done by Turbine Motorsports. The picture of the one in the boat is what they used to look like

Tom
Attached Thumbnails If you have Turbines, this is the only shop you will ever need to use.-img_4245.jpg   If you have Turbines, this is the only shop you will ever need to use.-img_4364.jpg   If you have Turbines, this is the only shop you will ever need to use.-img_4399.jpg  

If you have Turbines, this is the only shop you will ever need to use.-img_4401.jpg   If you have Turbines, this is the only shop you will ever need to use.-img_4454.jpg   If you have Turbines, this is the only shop you will ever need to use.-img_2570.jpg  

Last edited by Tborisch; 06-16-2014 at 03:30 PM.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Those look great tom!

Hope to see you again at LOTO.

From our balcony last year....

Low Altitude putting on a night show.: http://youtu.be/WYCe1UIZYnQ
Old 06-16-2014, 04:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

I have questions... Do they have an alternator? How does it work? How many AMPs?
Old 06-16-2014, 05:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
I have questions... Do they have an alternator? How does it work? How many AMPs?
Starter/Generator.. After it starts, the starter continues to spin and generates power. output is 28v 300amps.

Tom

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.