Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Boating Industry Receives Another Black Eye- Buyer Beware!! >

Boating Industry Receives Another Black Eye- Buyer Beware!!

Notices

Boating Industry Receives Another Black Eye- Buyer Beware!!

Old 06-19-2014, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by antisocial
By that last quote I see that you have alot of customer service running through your blood.... I would have made it work just for the good rep that would have come out of it.. But thats how I run my business..Most people in the business world just dont get it.
Thanks for the kind word's. I'd say it stems from a combination of 20+ yrs in the sport, interacting w/ sponsors who need to recognize a return on their investment outside of the on track performance and the bosses "sell don't tell" approach to business rubbing off on me.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:49 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAT
If this ever comes to fruition & is based in Miami I'm there!!!
Chad & I talked about trying to get Rick interested in Fountain when it was for sale as our plan for life after NASCAR!
Including Chad submarined that idea. Rick is a smart man.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
MV8-570's would have been a great combo, but I understand they rejected that smart recommendation.
+1 and while many of us here would have handled that power w/o issue I think the manufacturer has to think big picture & total exposure when considering that more than likely the boat will be sold to another party someday.

Well that's how I consoled myself over the disappointment anyway!

Last edited by NASCAT; 06-20-2014 at 06:48 AM.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Including Chad submarined that idea. Rick is a smart man.
Maybe so because today the focus is on #7!!! Mr. H has a knack for remaining successful via forecasting & staying ahead of the curve + incredible people skills & creating business to business relationships.

Last edited by NASCAT; 06-20-2014 at 06:48 AM.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:00 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
50 yrs in business and a new boat for 320k.... Only can be a __ __rmula...... Can I buy an F and an O?
Originally Posted by scarabman
That doesnt coincide with what was said about a dealer/dealer network for his area?
Nor does it coincide with a manufacturer that has to have a "US rep".

I read it as an out of country manufacturer but if that part is made up then it could certainly be Formula (although their reputation, IMO has been excellent). Also, my company buys multi-million dollar machines, nearly all that are manufactured overseas. EVERY single one of them must be bought from the US company that has agreements with the overseas manufacturer (the factory has nothing to do regrading the "deal" or how service is handled)
Old 06-20-2014, 05:19 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Nothing surprises me anymore. Gone are the days when most peoples word means something. Must make you feel good about your life and job when you work for a company like that.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by t500hps
Nor does it coincide with a manufacturer that has to have a "US rep".

I read it as an out of country manufacturer but if that part is made up then it could certainly be Formula (although their reputation, IMO has been excellent). Also, my company buys multi-million dollar machines, nearly all that are manufactured overseas. EVERY single one of them must be bought from the US company that has agreements with the overseas manufacturer (the factory has nothing to do regrading the "deal" or how service is handled)
I maybe causing the confusion & uncertainty about the boat manufacturers country of origin by abbreviating & referring to the boat manufacturers rep as US Rep. In post 1 I referenced his exact title as it appears on his e-mail communications. South US & South America Retail Rep but from there on just referred to him as the US Rep. The manufacturer is a US Based American Co & I interpret the Manufacturers Rep title to mean his territory includes the South US (exactly which states I don't know but I think it's safe to say NC & FL are 2 of them.) & ALL of South America. His home base is Florida.

Hope this helps!
Old 06-20-2014, 06:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SkiDoc
Nothing surprises me anymore. Gone are the days when most peoples word means something. Must make you feel good about your life and job when you work for a company like that.
I think what disappoints me most about this entire experience & has been most eye opening is the fact that over the 11 yrs I've been involved in performance boating I have consciously segregated Performance Boating & Pleasure / Production boating. I have both witnessed & experienced many unethical practices within the performance boat industry but somehow never really thought of those same unscrupulous practices applying to or occurring within the major pleasure production boat manufacturers like Cobalt, Donzi, Formula, Monterey, SeaRay etc (I know there are many more). I realize that ultimately it's my own compartmentalization & ignorance but it's taken this actual experience dealing direct w/ the manufacturer (not just a local dealer) to get me to wake up & smell the coffee. Thus the Thread title referencing BOATING INDUSTRY so as not to imply the performance boat world ONLY which this site is geared toward primarily.

YesI have been EXTREMELY fortunate to be a small part of many great history making events during my 20+ yrs.

Last edited by NASCAT; 06-20-2014 at 07:15 AM.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MidOcean
I can see it now.... Hendrick Marine. Coming soon to a marina near you.
Got to thinking about it, Hendrick Marine actually already exists, they don't build boats but maintain & crew his yacht & sport fishing boat.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Now, you wouldn't want to share that little number that was $15k lower than trade would you?
Sure take the price I originally paid for the Skater, add all the improvements made to date, then multiply that by 50% & subtract $15k & you are there.
I'm surprised you asked this when the math is so simple.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.