If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Thread: LOTO warning

My Boats:
    85 Formula 302
    Indy, St. Louis, LOTO

LOTO warning

While docking at Shooter's 21, I struck a dock support about 6 inches under the water, angling at 45 degrees in towards the middle of the slip. In all my years of boating, I've never struck an underwater dock support IN a slip before. Went and talked with the manager, and his responce was indifference. Basically, they are more concerned with keeping their docks in one piece than the boats that use them. (As their docks have rotted wood and loose cleats, I don't know what maintaince they are doing other than welding under-water support braces inside the slips). He finally agreed that a sign warning of the brace might be a good idea. If a warning sign is there this weekend, than something good came from it.

Even though I don't want to give Shooters any more of my money, you all are welcome to give them yours. Just be very careful using their slips.

Registered tanned fat looks better's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Baja 270
    the western shore of THE BAY OF KANSAS CITY

That sucks........those have got to be some of the worst docks on LOTO.

Shooters is a great place to go allways has been, allways will. A few weeks back we were down there and you had to be carefull where you walked so you wouldn't fall through.