Notices

Sea Trial Wows

Old 06-24-2014, 05:43 AM
B38
Registered

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Sea Trial Wows

2nd sea trial yesterday ended up another stress level 10. Either some cheap ass part shrugs the run or PEOPLE. Ever time I set off on lake someone pulls out in front of me. or run out of lake, or Co Pilot decides to get a video and gets in my face, then massive rain storm on last run. Just not been very productive. never got to change props, these are some 4 blade Rolla wheels. 3rd sea trial is out of the ?. had enough of people and weather, need to chill out for a tad. B38
Old 06-24-2014, 06:00 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Kurt- Remember

" Illegitimus Non Carborundum"

Loosely translated don't let the bastards get you down.

Wannabe
Old 06-24-2014, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by B38
2nd sea trial yesterday ended up another stress level 10. Either some cheap ass part shrugs the run or PEOPLE. Ever time I set off on lake someone pulls out in front of me. or run out of lake, or Co Pilot decides to get a video and gets in my face, then massive rain storm on last run. Just not been very productive. never got to change props, these are some 4 blade Rolla wheels. 3rd sea trial is out of the ?. had enough of people and weather, need to chill out for a tad. B38
OH I SHARE YOUR GRIEF
It seems every time I'm out on our lake the pontoon boats ALWAYS get in the way -- these aircraft carriers take up too much real estate and most of the drivers have no concept of their size in relationship to other boats- and don't get me started about how a good portion of the riders (and most likely drivers) are liquored up.

Also, the jet skiers constantly use the boat wake -- or try to race with you -- I'm all for it - but not on a crowded day

Best of luck next time

Safe Boating

3pointstar
Old 06-24-2014, 02:20 PM
B38
Registered

how about passengers that think you owe them something, or expect you to flip entire day because I am rich. Love that idiot statement. Expect liquor, food, gas, and grass is to be on the boat owner. Kiss my white little @ss. After run was over, I told so called friends that will be the last time you will be on my boat. Inconsiderate @ holes. I could go on & on with so called friends.
Oh well, another day of BOATING WITH MORONS.
Old 06-24-2014, 02:31 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Ok. I feel your pain on idiots on the water. I don't invite people on my boat expecting them to pay me. Being your own drinks and we are all good.

However. The running out of lake issue is easily solved. You have Daytona beach as your location. Use that small pond right there known as the Atlantic Ocean. Lol. Won't be running out of room!! Lol. Good luck on the next attempt.
Old 06-24-2014, 02:49 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't expect them to pay, however since I have the fuel and running expenses covered. Splitting the cost of lunch between them is always appreciated and pretty much guarantees another invite.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:19 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Wobble
I don't expect them to pay, however since I have the fuel and running expenses covered. Splitting the cost of lunch between them is always appreciated and pretty much guarantees another invite.
I took 3 couples and my girl out on my boat the second weekend I got it. Now, I didn't ask them to come and bring money for anything but, they all watched me put 500 in gas in and even commented on how crazy that is, no offer. Went for a nice long ride to get dinner and a few drinks, no offer. Got off the boat, I cleaned up and covered the boat, no offer. Needless to say that was the last time anyone of them has been on it since.

I'm going boating anyway so whatever but, some common courtesy would be nice. Espeacially as they'll know I'm not wealthy by any means so $500 is a lot of money to me.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear ya on the buyback from the passingers. I make no question about it. Almost always my last comment to a passinger about the boat ride is "Cool. Meet you at the marina. You pick up the beer."

Old 06-24-2014, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

When I'm a guest I always ask what do they need on my way. Then I give gas money and won't take no for an answer. I even feel bad sometimes when I go on few friends boats that have much deeper pockets than me and fill up their boats for $1000 all the time and I only have $100 or so to offer lol. They never except it anyway.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:08 PM
B38
Registered

then it rained like hell,then stopped. passengers complained they where cold and wet. wanted to get off boat and take a taxi back, but yet cant buy me a fricken bottle of water. I refused, and made them freeze for 7 more miles at 45 MPH. LOL revenge. I had a dry shirt so I was just fine at 45. That day was a 600.00 day for me to go down the drain. Love my Baby though, just PEOPLE!!!!!!!

Last edited by B38; 06-24-2014 at 09:14 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.