Its Not Good Business To Do Business With HTM >

Its Not Good Business To Do Business With HTM

Notices

Its Not Good Business To Do Business With HTM

Old 08-23-2002, 01:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by blackhawk
ROCK STAR is just another moron airing his one-sided story and spreading dirty laundry.
Whoa, easy there, buddy. I think I was the first to question his case, but I think that's a little strong. At the very least, he DOES have a judgment they aren't paying.

ROCK STAR -- I saw that you felt the work in the factory wasn't up to par, but shouldn't the tour be done before ordering the boat? Still not sure why the judge ruled for you.
Old 08-23-2002, 07:46 AM
Charter Member #220
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MrOffshore,
Well thought out and said.

BK,
Good point - assuming the boat has been started.

Rockstar,
QUIT YELLING! I would be afraid of the quality after a plant tour like the one you described

OkieTunnel,
Ive been out of touch for awhile ......... what was the tragedy at HTM?

Blackhawk,
Whoa down there pal ......... a little harsh this early in the morning!

HTM ( if you are out there),
Was this boat started, or was it just a start date reserved. When Rockstar backed out, were you able to fill the date, or move up the next reserved start date? Just thinking out loud......

It's just like that, ................... only different
Old 08-23-2002, 08:14 AM
Registered

First and foremost, if Rockstar has a judgement from the courts then HTM should abide by it and pay back the deposit.

Secondly, and this is the part I don't get, why would you place a deposit on a boat without doing the research first? With the kind of money involved in these transactions wouldn't the factory tour be part of the due dilligence process prior to the order?

Thirdly, How can you put down a deposit without a contract? I'm really missing something here....
Old 08-23-2002, 09:23 AM
blackhawk

Okay, okay, I'm sorry, maybe he's not a moron. He's just not very bright.

Who put's down a $2000 deposit without a contract?

Who tours a custom boat facility after they put down $2000(without a contract)? I would do it before.

Who has their VERY FIRST OSO post ripping on a company?

Who types in all CAPITAL letters?

I'll tell you who, someone that's not very bright! Sorry if I'm being insulting here but I can't help it. You think this is the only side to the story? I'll guarantee it's not. For all we know Mr. rock star is at fault for the whole thing but the judge ruled in his favor because of a technicallity(like no contract). Maybe he totally f**cked HTM over and got away with it? Ever hear of the coccaine dealer that got away because the cops illegally searched his car? Just because he won a judgement we cannot assume that Mr. rock star is ethically right here.

My point is, if your first post on the OSO board is going to bash a company at THE VERY LEAST give more details. A LOT more details. Otherwise I will be forced to call you a moron!!!

Old 08-23-2002, 09:24 AM
Registered

And 4th

The courts usually screw everybody............

Depends on how the wind is blowing on any given day...

"No offense meant judge"..in case there's one on the board.

Sometimes it's the consumer...sometimes manufacturer

Remember.....all judges were once attorneys

Geeter

P.S....no offense counselor...in case an attorney reads this
Old 08-23-2002, 09:57 AM
Registered

VONBONGO--maybe YOU never heard of that law-but being in the business for 20 years i am aware of that law-seen it used--it varies state to state,maybe not in Nabraska--john
Old 08-23-2002, 10:08 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Geeter-B

None taken. By the way, you gonna be passing through my state any time soon??? (BWAHAHAHA!!!)

Old 08-23-2002, 10:39 AM
BK
Registered

Originally posted by Cutwater
BK,
Good point - assuming the boat has been started.

Or ..... orders already placed for items to start construction and down payments made for special order parts and materials to build this particular boat. (custom gel-coat, ordering the trailer from the trailer builder etc - all non refundable)

If none of the items for this boat had been ordered yet, then there is really no reason that HTM shouldn't send the money back.

We owned a boat company and typically, if we hadn't already forked out expenses for the boat, we would refund the customer his money - no matter what his excuse was for canceling - and hope he'd come back for our business sometime in the future.

If we had already ordered custom items for this boat -- we had two options for the buyer - 1) either deduct these items from the deposit and pay him the difference, - OR - 2) find a buyer for the boat, build it and then sell it for him -- giving him his full deposit refund at the time of the sale.

Ive been out of touch for awhile ......... what was the tragedy at HTM?

The owner of HTM, two employees and one other were killed during a hi-speed testing run of a new HTM model 8 months ago. The widow of the owner is running the company herself now.

Last edited by BK; 08-23-2002 at 10:46 AM.
Old 08-23-2002, 01:14 PM
Registered

JFM311,

I am no attorney, However I believe the law you may be refering to is based on a different set of circumstances.

If you come to my place of business, purchase something and sign a contract with no contingiency and deposit money, the money is mine. I am now obligated to produce according to the contractual agreement.

If I come to you and solicite a purchase, "say at your home" the law states you have a 3 day right to cancell and recieve a full reimbursment of all money.

Solicited or unsolicited, that is the question. That is why when you go to a dealership etc. the sale is final, unless you have a contingiency written into the contract for sale. IE: the dog likes it, financing approval, delivery deadline, test ride etc.

Buyers beware !!!
Old 08-23-2002, 02:08 PM
OffshoreOnly Antagonizer
VIP Member

Originally posted by Geeter-B
And 4th

The courts usually screw everybody............

Depends on how the wind is blowing on any given day...

"No offense meant judge"..in case there's one on the board.

Sometimes it's the consumer...sometimes manufacturer

Remember.....all judges were once attorneys

Geeter

Before they were judges, they were attorneys and before that, they were mere mortals lwho put their pants on one leg at a time. So back the phk off!

I love the references to OJ and using that as the measuring stick of the state of justice in America. The OJ case was one of several MILLION filed that year in the US. I agree OJ was a screw up but taking into consideration the number of cases filed each year (civil & criminal) with the number of bad decisions and the odds state that our legal system works just fine, thank you very much.

I do not like the fact that (Punk) Rock Star has decided to join this forum in an effort to bash a company. It certainly calls his motives into question. That said, however, HTM lost after a full adversarial hearing. They owe. If they choose not to pay, then get creative (Kid) Rock Star and find a way to collect. I assure you if you wanted to get your money, you could.

-Mr. Sorkin, 10th Grade Geometry teacher

Quick Reply: Its Not Good Business To Do Business With HTM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.