Notices

Diving for props

Old 07-03-2014, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here in az the divers use sonar and swim 3 divers wide in the muk. There is little chance for success over a large area. And the other thing to consider, if the diver gets hurt at the bottom was the cost worth it? Good luck
Old 07-03-2014, 05:09 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by kevinb230
Here in az the divers use sonar and swim 3 divers wide in the muk. There is little chance for success over a large area. And the other thing to consider, if the diver gets hurt at the bottom was the cost worth it? Good luck
Here Mr. Kevin this is for you . http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/qcNYHfELGb4/maxresdefault.jpg
Searching for a prop would be a cake walk compared to most working dives . We wholeheartedly accept and manage the risks of our profession .

Last edited by the deep; 07-03-2014 at 05:19 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:15 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's 6 to 8 foot deep however the shrimp boats keep thinks stirred up. They would most likely be the best bet to find a prop
Old 07-03-2014, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Headline says, "Diver finds Hering prop but slices finger off"
Old 07-03-2014, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by 1 MAIDEN AMERICA
Headline says, "Diver finds Hering prop but slices finger off"
That was good!
Old 07-03-2014, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by OzarkKing
Story of dive recovery from Lake Ozark Shootout:
A neighbor recently sold some dive equipment to the Lake's main dive/salvage guy and while he was picking it up I approached him and flat out said, "I bet you have some stories, could you spare a moment to tell me a few?". We sat down and he regaled me Party Cove finds, told me the horrors of the bodies recovered and then told a gem about the Shootout. This was back when it was hosted in front of Shooters 21. One boat (unsure make/model) was running some new high performance engines and had a violent spinout that sheared the back-end of the boat such that an entire engine sunk. This diver was on-site and said, "I'll get that for you for $5,000" to which the owner scoffed and said, "but Lake Ozark Fire and Rescue said they'll recover it for free"..."okay, have it your way". The diver realized that it would be a tough find but he waited the prescribed time period until it became abandoned property (and the Fire Dept. hadn't recovered it). He and his crew 'invented' a device they ran from their boat wherein a low-voltage wire was trolling along the lake floor bottom systematically searching and anytime it encountered something metal, the boat horn would sound (think Ozark engineering) and they'd stop, mark, and dive. After searching the area for hours, they finally stumbled across some exhaust pieces which led to engine pieces and finally the engine itself. They floated it to just below the surface and towed it over to the person who lost it's dock (still submerged). Upon contacting the person they met on the dock and he immediately demanded, "where's my engine?". The diver calmly said, "where's my money". The owner mumbled something about it being a ripoff at $5,000. The diver smiled and said, "It was $5,000 for me to get it the day you lost it when it was still your engine...you abandoned it...now it is my engine and I'm asking if you want to buy an engine for $10,000". The guy ended up paying the premium price to repurchase his engine and when he again demanded, "where's my engine" the diver explained that it was suspended in the water off of his dock as they didn't want to risk any further harm by improperly reviving an engine that was waterlogged and the diver left.
"Story" says it all.