Notices

Diving for props

Old 07-02-2014, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts
Default Diving for props

Didn't wanna hijack Jayboats pic thread. Invitation only lost a prop, uncertain of situation there as far as depths and type of prop, assuming 6 drives. Anyone ever hear of having a diver if reasonable go under for them. Considering they are average $5000 props. I know depths and whatnot is a factor but what's a diver cost to go under?
Old 07-02-2014, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Problem would be finding it, even if you knew exactly where you where when you lost it it could still be a long way from there by the time it quit traveling underwater. Finding things underwater while not impossible can take a LONG time and that's where the cost would come in. Good luck
Old 07-02-2014, 11:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not necessarily - there is a guy up here in Michigan that specializes in that sort of thing. He goes down for props, wedding rings, all sorts of things. But I think that stuff is usually around a dock or an anchorage, not necessarily open water.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:45 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

I'm a private diver a diver for money I'll do what you want me to do . ( Tina Turner ) Depending on depth and conditions you should have no problem finding a diver . An unsuccessful underwater excursion is one price and a successful one ( prop found ) is another .
Old 07-03-2014, 06:09 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

if you were at speed when prop came off and hit GPS to mark spot that instant, you have very little chance of finding prop. if you are standing on land and pointing..."it came off right about there!" you have no shot. if it fell off at the dock, it'll be easy.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:32 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by mlb75
Problem would be finding it, even if you knew exactly where you where when you lost it it could still be a long way from there by the time it quit traveling underwater. Finding things underwater while not impossible can take a LONG time and that's where the cost would come in. Good luck

This.

He was still moving when it came undone, add in that nice Brown water of TX, and I don't even know if it is worth your time or energy.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If its not too deep you can tow around one of those fish finding cameras, depends on how murky the water is though.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:53 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

I lost two brand-new props off myTiger. When they were put on the washer never was installed. They stayed on by the thrust for about 5 minutes of going fast. I had a scuba diver search for them. One guy was on top of the water with a rope to guide the diver in a systematic search zone. They were lost in the middle of Lake Erie. By the second day or about seven hours both were found.

They were labbed BBlade props that were suppose to give me better performance. So I really wanted to find them.

Last edited by BraceYourself; 07-03-2014 at 06:57 AM.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

one thing is for sure if you don't look for it you definitely won't find it!

I lost my rolex kneeboarding one time here in miami beach, never thought I would find it, but about 45 min in the water and there it was laying on the bottom. Was only in 15ft of water but not particularly clear water in meloy channel, oh and it was pouring the day after I lost it so we were looking under some dark skies.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 886 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by pstorti
one thing is for sure if you don't look for it you definitely won't find it!

I lost my rolex kneeboarding one time here in miami beach, never thought I would find it, but about 45 min in the water and there it was laying on the bottom. Was only in 15ft of water but not particularly clear water in meloy channel, oh and it was pouring the day after I lost it so we were looking under some dark skies.
Wow, good find!

I lost an ignition key at a boat ramp (kids were fighting who was going to start the boat and in their squabble the key went overboard). Water was cooler, I tried for a few minutes in a very small search area and got disgusted with what was down there.....gave up and went home to get the other key!.......those floats on the key chains really are priceless in a situation like that!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.