Velocity owner who bought my engines

Notices

Velocity owner who bought my engines

Old 08-16-2002, 03:37 PM
Charter Member #1093
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Velocity owner who bought my engines

Hi, I apologize I forgot your name. You bought 2 of my 500 EFI long blocks back in February (and paid for them) and were to pick them up in May. You were going to ship them to Velocity, but that didn't happen. It's now August and we haven't heard from you?
The Marina (SM Marine) that is storing them has no room left and if they are not picked up by next week, the engines will be sold and the money you paid will be held in trust account for return to you. If they are sold for less than you paid, the difference will be deducted from your proceeds.

PLEASE CONTACT ME OR TONY SAN MARCO AND GET THESE PICKED UP SO YOU DON'T lOSE THEM, AND POSSIBLY SOME OF YOUR MONEY.

Thanks,

Steve

Old 08-16-2002, 03:45 PM
ursus

man wish I had a pair of 500efi's laying around I forgot about

Old 08-16-2002, 04:26 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, I guess everyone can have problems. I don't think I would forget about that kind of investment.

Steve, think he would notice if I swapped him my 454 mags? My Super Hawaii would really be Super with those.
Old 08-16-2002, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

OH yeah ! I forgot , They are mine ! Where are they at ? I'll go get them now !!!

Just kidding !! Sort of ..........
Old 08-16-2002, 04:43 PM
Registered

Default Hey

Hey,
If this guy does not show, I may interested in one of the long blocks. Thanks
Old 08-16-2002, 05:12 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

i might be interested in the other. Do they need any work or are they ready to be finished?

My engine is still a no show. (finished by memorial day my ass!!!) SO i need something.
Old 08-16-2002, 05:48 PM
Charter Member #1093
Charter Member

Hey Guys,

You all are way too generous

If in fact he doesn't call my mid week, they are fair game, I just don't know what else I can do for him? He paid $2,500 per engine. These have about 240 hours and most likely should be pulled apart and freshened. They were running fine, I blew a head gasket on one of the engines (Bruce bought that one). At about 200 hours we added Whipples to these. After the one head gasket went, I felt more comfortable putting in fresh engines and had Tommy at Chief build 3 new ones, essentially 500 EFI's with Whipples and Merlin Heads.

These long blocks (still assembled) include the pan, block, crank, rods, pistons, cam and lifters, and heads. We removed the peripherals, ignition system and injection (manifold etc.)

So anyway, I hope he calls, I think he lives in upper Pennsylvania or Western NY. If not, they can be yours for the same price.

By the way Tommy at Chief was honest, fair and on time. I've read some of the other horror stories about engine guys. Thus I'm feeling quite fortunate I was intorduced to Tommy by Tim Conklin (Horseplay3).

Take care,

Steve
Old 08-16-2002, 06:09 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Geez Steve
I been meanin to call ya...it completly slipped my mind I'll be over in the morning to pick em up.
Actually I have been meaning to call ya...can I bum a pit pass from ya in New Orleans???
Email me back..K?
[email protected]

Dan
Old 08-16-2002, 09:04 PM
Registered

steve when are you comming back to race offshore and by the way you would have my vote for the boss at apba allso what is going on with race site vinues pleas give us a up date robbie
Old 08-16-2002, 11:42 PM
Charter Member #1093
Charter Member

Hi Dan and Robbie:

Dan the passes are yours. Just see me when you get to New Orleans. We're pleased to help!

Robbie, thanks for the kind words. I'll be back with Benny in Reggie's boat for the NYC race. We missed Point Pleasant due to time constraints all the way around. Sure miss not being there !!!

As to race site venue partners, we've in fact been discussing our post season plans for 2003. We're looking forward to cooperation at every level with both sanctioning bodies and trying to find a way to insure success for the mutual concerns of all interests.

We believe it's imperative to set aside any personal differences, and work towards the common goal of successful events, with success being defined as good for every constituent interest.
Might be naieve, but we think it's possible. And if so, the possibilities are pretty cool !!!!!

Take care,

Steve

Quick Reply: Velocity owner who bought my engines

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.