Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Savage Marine @ Havasu – any references? >

Savage Marine @ Havasu – any references?

Notices

Savage Marine @ Havasu – any references?

Old 08-22-2002, 02:30 PM
Uncle Toys

Default Savage Marine @ Havasu – any references?

One of my sisters in-laws has strongly recommend I take my boat to Savage Marine in Lake Havasu City. I dropped by for a short visit and introduced myself a couple of weeks ago. I am now thinking about talking to them about serious engine rebuilding via Pfaff.

Does anyone on the board know Steve very well and would be willing to give me a strong referral in?

Old 08-22-2002, 02:33 PM
Charter Member #9/ Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toys,

Tell them American Hot Boat Association sent you. They are one of our sponsors and on several occasions have taken care of some of our poker runners at the last minute. They have the right attitude and will get the job done correctly.
Old 08-22-2002, 02:41 PM
DYTMAGIC

I have not used Steve for any motor building, but have used him for service items. He has always helped me out when I needed some rush service done. A few weekes ago I was going to Lake Mead for a week, when I lost a starter in one motor. I called him and he had me on my way in an hour. His wife Kelly is one of the funniest people I've met.

I talked to a guy that had Steve completely rig his new 30' American Offshore with Pfaff motors a few months back. The boat was awesome - it was running in the 120's. He has rigged some awesome boats, I don't think you can go wrong with him.

Old 08-22-2002, 02:43 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Steve will work on your boat all night on a Saturday night, holiday weekend to get you back on the water for Sunday. I wouldn't hesitate sending a big power/big dollar boat to him. Just don't be offended when he laughs as he is handing you the bill, that's part of the deal

Talk to Jeffrey about his service.
Old 08-22-2002, 07:56 PM
Uncle Toys

Thanks LakeRacer, I'll do that.

Gary:
Just don't be offended when he laughs as he is handing you the bill, that's part of the deal
Can you expand on this

Old 08-22-2002, 08:04 PM
DYTMAGIC

Uncle Toys,

Since your in Havasu a lot, get to know Steve's Father in Law - Tony Meir. His parks his boat - 26' playcraft pontoon on the tip of the island across from LBR in the channel almost every weekend. I'm sure you'll recognize him - he's gotta be the darkest guy out there. Great guy, super freindly. Get to know him and he might me able to get you a better deal.

Old 08-22-2002, 08:11 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Uncle ... He is not cheap and I think he gets a kick over how much money we spend to get our boats back on the water.

I mean, it is a little ridiculous ... but, gotta make that Poker Run
Old 08-22-2002, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 3,018 Likes on 987 Posts

Joe, what in the hell are you up too now??? Didn't you learn last time????
Old 08-22-2002, 11:35 PM
Uncle Toys

Heck no Tank, I'm just as sick as the rest of you.

Old 08-22-2002, 11:42 PM
Uncle Toys

DYTMAGIC - Thanks for the tip! Sounds like your pretty familiar with Havasu, going to be out there for Labor Day weekend?

Cig1 - It's a lot ridiculous But if a guy can do the job right and get it done the first time, it's worth the money to save the headaches.

Quick Reply: Savage Marine @ Havasu – any references?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.